Four Star Recruit

Mariota about to go in for LV.

Post by wepto »

Carr just got hurt.
Duck07
All-American

Re: Mariota about to go in for LV.

Post by Duck07 »

Good 2 nights for us tonight and tomorrow but we gotta beat SC.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Perfect on the first drive capped off with the bomb for 6!
Quietduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by Quietduck »

Can I hope for a shoot out with both QB's getting 5 TD's
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Good... I neeed something to root for tonight!
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

Incredible night by both our QBs. They're playing awesome and it's a great game of football. So much fun to watch.
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

classic MM :)
ducks5ever
Four Star Recruit

Post by ducks5ever »

Mariota has an amazing arm, but unfortunately I'm worried about his career because an amazing arm is useless if he can't stay on the field. He picks up big yards when he runs but that also exposes him to the big hits that will shorten his career.... NFL offenses shouldn't be dependent on QB runs (unless you're the Ravens) so he shouldn't have to do this especially when he has such a good arm. I know he tossed an interception but I'm pretty sure he hasn't been practicing for the entire season so far (he was on IR a couple of weeks) less with the starters for an extended amount of time. <3 Mariota
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Marcus looked pretty good despite some inconsistencies, but Herbert looked better. Fun to see a Duck vs Duck QB battle in the NFL with two guys who could end up having good careers (I still have faith in Marcus). Between the two of them Marcus did have the best pass, that touchdown pass he had was gorgeous! Would’ve had a long TD run too if his lazy WR didn’t pull a DAT and fail to even attempt blocking the one defender between Marcus and the endzone.

I feel like the announcers were all over Herbert, and it’s great at all, just thought Marcus deserved a little more love than he got even though he had some bad throws. He was efficient and hasn’t played in a really long time.

I’m also bummed the Chargers won, Chargers are hurting their future with these meaningless wins. They need draft picks! Plus it would’ve been nice for Marcus to pick up a win, though they had a great chance at a TD and there were two garbage playcalls that kept them from the endzone.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

OregonFan4Life wrote:Marcus looked pretty good despite some inconsistencies, but Herbert looked better. Fun to see a Duck vs Duck QB battle in the NFL with two guys who could end up having good careers (I still have faith in Marcus). Between the two of them Marcus did have the best pass, that touchdown pass he had was gorgeous! Would’ve had a long TD run too if his lazy WR didn’t pull a DAT and fail to even attempt blocking the one defender between Marcus and the endzone.

I feel like the announcers were all over Herbert, and it’s great at all, just thought Marcus deserved a little more love than he got even though he had some bad throws. He was efficient and hasn’t played in a really long time.

I’m also bummed the Chargers won, Chargers are hurting their future with these meaningless wins. They need draft picks! Plus it would’ve been nice for Marcus to pick up a win, though they had a great chance at a TD and there were two garbage playcalls that kept them from the endzone.
Have to disagree. Wins are exactly what Herbert and the Chargers need for confidence in themselves and in their QB. Herbert is going to set the all time record for TD passes by a rookie and win the Offensive ROY by a bunch. Great to see both our men out there repping Oregon
QB's!
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

Watching Justin and Marcus playing in the game to an overtime win and each getting a rushing TD was the best sporting event I have seen in years, for me,. I loved seeing Marcus take off with the ball and Justin setting rookie records. What a great night in Oregon sports! Although I didn’t like seeing Marcus take so many unnecessary hits. Instant Raiders fan!
alxtw
Five Star Recruit

Post by alxtw »

nogerO wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:Marcus looked pretty good despite some inconsistencies, but Herbert looked better. Fun to see a Duck vs Duck QB battle in the NFL with two guys who could end up having good careers (I still have faith in Marcus). Between the two of them Marcus did have the best pass, that touchdown pass he had was gorgeous! Would’ve had a long TD run too if his lazy WR didn’t pull a DAT and fail to even attempt blocking the one defender between Marcus and the endzone.

Have to disagree. Wins are exactly what Herbert and the Chargers need for confidence in themselves and in their QB. Herbert is going to set the all time record for TD passes by a rookie and win the Offensive ROY by a bunch. Great to see both our men out there repping Oregon
QB's!
I'd have to disagree. Regardless if the Chargers win or lose, Herbert is still going to set the new record for TDs passes by a rookie QB and win ROTY. Also the Chargers have had great confidence in Herbert the entire year and have seen his franchise QB abilities in close losses. He's not going to loss his starting position next year.

The Chargers have no chance of making the playoffs this year and before their last two wins, they had a 55% chance to pick in the top 5 and 97% chance to pick in the top 10. Now they only have a 5.5% chance to pick in the top 5 and 70% chance to pick in the top 10. How great would it be if they got a second or third pick of the draft and selected Penei? Here's to tanking the last two games!
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

Mariota winning would have been better for his career than Herbert losing would have harmed his.

Additionally, ESPN posted an article showing that if Mariota would've won, he'd have hit a bonus in his contract that would've paid out over $300k. Nice purse for a regular season win.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Both played really well.

I almost wonder if our awful O-line when Marcus was here almost ruined him a bit. He had a horrible O-line in Tennessee as well, but he gets happy feet almost instantly just assuming he needs to run which makes it harder for him to get set/planted when he actually has time and a receiver open
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

StevensTechU wrote:Mariota winning would have been better for his career than Herbert losing would have harmed his.

Additionally, ESPN posted an article showing that if Mariota would've won, he'd have hit a bonus in his contract that would've paid out over $300k. Nice purse for a regular season win.
Yep, I grew up a Raider fan and later grew to hate them over the Al Davis - Marcus Allen thing. First time I was rooting for them to win in ages. Marcus needed the win, Justin doesn't. And if another Charger loss helped with a coaching change I think all the better for Herbert.

The Raiders secondary was helpless and the only thing that saved them in the 4th quarter was the Charger's play calling. One pass attempt for Herbert in the whole quarter. {sheesh}