2021 NCAA Tourney Thread

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Re: 2021 NCAA Tourney Thread

Post by StevensTechU »

Alan wrote:
StevensTechU wrote:Beaver fans will be insufferable no matter what. I root for OSU in spite of their fanbase, certainly not because of them.

Bout to win small chunk of change from this game after better both the line and OSU outright.
I didn’t look, what was the line on this game?
Chicago was favored by 7.

I'm not the only duck winning money off the beavs. The PAC-12 gets something like $1.9M for every tourney game the conference is in, so OSU's win is almost $200k for the athletic department.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

Thanks STU
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

StevensTechU wrote:Beaver fans will be insufferable no matter what. I root for OSU in spite of their fanbase, certainly not because of them.

Bout to win small chunk of change from this game after better both the line and OSU outright.
They've been insufferable all along. Plus the Tinkles piss me off, those kids are obnoxious and make it even easier to root against OSU.

I thought I was going to root for the Beavs but once my coworker started talking trash about them in the Elite Eight (before the game even started) I was reminded of why I ever have a hard time rooting for little brother.
RanDux
Senior

Post by RanDux »

Anyone know what the record is for most total Pac-12 wins in a NCAA tournament?
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Quite the end to the 1st half for the Bruins to go 40-27 at the break. 20-6 run for UCLA who had been trailing.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Beavs are out, to my surprise they fought back and even tied it up in the second half. Great run for the Beavs and all but damn the Midwest bracket was super weak. Don't think the Beavs would've made it anywhere near that far in any other bracket.

Now the question is, can Tinkle use this momentum into following years and build a good basketball program in Corvallis or will they just return back to normal?
ICamel
Two Star Recruit

Post by ICamel »

OregonFan4Life wrote:Now the question is, can Tinkle use this momentum into following years and build a good basketball program in Corvallis or will they just return back to normal?
The other question is "does Tinkle use this momentum to springboard into coaching at a better program?"
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Gonzaga is really good...
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

UCLA goes from the First Four to the Final Four.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

This really is quite a run by UCLA, and the Pac 12 in general. There will be zero Big 10 teams in the final four, despite all of their top teams getting ridiculous protection from the selection committee. Two #1 seeds and two #2 seeds among nine total bids. Things could not have been more stacked in their favor. Colossal failure.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Phalanx wrote:This really is quite a run by UCLA, and the Pac 12 in general. There will be zero Big 10 teams in the final four, despite all of their top teams getting ridiculous protection from the selection committee. Two #1 seeds and two #2 seeds among nine total bids. Things could not have been more stacked in their favor. Colossal failure.
There will also be no SEC and no ACC teams, when’s the last time we had a Final Four without any of those conferences represented?
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

I feel like the Pac-12 needed that UCLA win. As great of a tourney as its been overall for the conference, ending it with zero Final Four teams just would've made the argument that the Pac was the best basketball conference in the country this year tough. But, they did it. Also, rack up another $1.9M in payouts for the conference with UCLA playing another game.
ducks5ever
Four Star Recruit

Post by ducks5ever »

I didn't watch the USC Gonzaga game (or any Gonzaga games this year). You all think we could've had a shot against Gonzaga?

Hopefully the Pac-12 will be less of an afterthought once we get a new Pac-12 commissioner......
mattc94
Four Star Recruit

Post by mattc94 »

StevensTechU wrote:I feel like the Pac-12 needed that UCLA win. As great of a tourney as its been overall for the conference, ending it with zero Final Four teams just would've made the argument that the Pac was the best basketball conference in the country this year tough. But, they did it. Also, rack up another $1.9M in payouts for the conference with UCLA playing another game.
Yeah. I feel the same way. I pay attention to a lot of the off season CBB podcasts and social media stuff. And the Pac-12 isn't even discussed 90 per cent of the time. At least football just gets trashed. But the Pac-12 outclassed the Big 10 and ACC in the tournament was REALLY needed this year. And hopefully puts the conference back on the map. A new conference commissioner can find ays to promote the Pac-12 around these types of events.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Every team left is now from west of the Mississippi. Have to wonder how the ratings for the Final Four will be now that the Midwest and East Coast have been shut out.