Arizona fires Sean Miller

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

OregonFan4Life
All-American

Arizona fires Sean Miller

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Can't say I'm surprised, seems to have been a pretty good recruiter but Arizona rarely seemed to be towards the top of the Pac-12, they underperformed a lot. Now to see who they get to replace Miller and if it's an upgrade.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Re: Arizona fires Sean Miller

Post by StevensTechU »

Not the attractive job that it could be. The ongoing investigation into Arizona's basketball program could turn into major sanctions being announced. They may catch a break with Miller no longer being the coach, but unless Arizona changes its name to University of Alabama, I don't see them getting off easily.
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

Great recruiter (or the bag man was).

Miller was always gracious in defeat. That is meant as a compliment not being snarky.
bigsugarduck
Five Star Recruit

Post by bigsugarduck »

The looming cloud over Arizona suggests they will not get a Top Notch coach. Wouldn't be surprised if they miss the Tourney many times in the years to come. :cry: Not sure I like this as a fan of Oregon and the Pac-12. It is way more fun when Oregon beats a Stacked Arizona team by the skin of their teeth. I think it really hurts the Pac-12s perception if Arizona is not a top-3 team in the league.

Same thing with UCLA needing to be near the top. Even though it is a bit Irksome that UCLA is predicted to be a top-5 team next year, as I see them being roughly on the same level as the other top pac-12 teams, it is still a huge boon for the conference to have the winningest program ranked so high. This will certainly help mitigate the perpetual under-ranking/seeding that afflicts the Pac-12.
Stewart Mandel-"From a purely aesthetic standpoint, I much prefer to watch a good spread-rushing offense over a traditional Power-I offense, and Oregon's has been the most fun by far for the past several years. It's fast, its precise, and when Chip Kelly has the right quarterback (Dixon, Masoli) at the helm, the possibility of someone ripping off a 60-yard run exists on nearly every play."
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Very curious to see who they find.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »