Rodgers traded?

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

buckmarkduck
All-American

Rodgers traded?

Post by buckmarkduck »

It’s sounding like there is a good chance Aaron will be a Bronco by nights end. Crazy that GB didn’t try trading him a few weeks ago, to build a bidding war.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Re: Rodgers traded?

Post by StevensTechU »

9ers taking Trey Lance is one of the dumbest picks I've seen. I'm ok going on record saying that. I actually watched his high school highlights when he was a HS senior and thought the ducks should have taken a flier on him, but I don't like his skill set at all for the pros.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Lance is a weird one. He reminds me of those guys who get drafted really high in the nba draft, based only on what they do in front of scouts. Potential is nice, but actual results matter more in my book. The kid has only thrown as many passes in his career, 318, as most guys do in a year. And he did it vs guys who will never get a sniff of the nfl.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

So, the Niners trade three firsts and a third for....Trey Lance - who they probably would have been able to pick without trading anything. That might be the stupidest trade I have ever seen.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Phalanx wrote:So, the Niners trade three firsts and a third for....Trey Lance - who they probably would have been able to pick without trading anything. That might be the stupidest trade I have ever seen.
At worst, they could have traded 12 and a 3rd or 4th rounder to get Fields at 11
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

I’m a 49ers fan and can’t believe the stupidity from what I’ve seen from them with the draft. Trading all of that for Trey Lance, who who I think might be better than Mac Jones, but still won’t be an upgrade from Jimmy G (and they need an upgrade from Jimmy G). After Shanahan choked away another Super Bowl he and the 49ers have gone full meltdown mode.

This to me was a weak QB class outside of Lawrence, though I do think Fields could be good. Wilson, Lance, and Jones are all immediate busts to me.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Maybe he will just move onto Jeopardy?