USC

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

Everythingsducky
Senior

USC

Post by Everythingsducky »

Big time hopes SC keeps Helton. Could see Coach Pete succeeding him. He’s already in LA every week anyway. SC plays with little emotion. Helton has lived his 9 lives with them.
Duck07
All-American

Re: USC

Post by Duck07 »

Everythingsducky wrote:Big time hopes SC keeps Helton. Could see Coach Pete succeeding him. He’s already in LA every week anyway. SC plays with little emotion. Helton has lived his 9 lives with them.
Poodles are begging for Peterson to come back on dawgpound.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Have to wonder how hot Wilcox's seat is now after starting 0-2.
northbeachsf
Freshman

Post by northbeachsf »

USC’s defense was sooooo bad it was almost unbelievable.
I guess it is hard to stop the run with 22 four and five start DBs on the roster.
Man, Steele looked bad. That looked like a huge loss at the time, but may have worked out for us.
pdxduck2013
Five Star Recruit

Post by pdxduck2013 »

Their defense was bad because Todd Orlando sucks. Texas seemingly got worse on defense every year he was there...and it doesn't look like he did very much with LB recruiting when he was there either...
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

I'm starting to feel like we should actually root for USC to be relevant. With the way college football is going, the conference needs another super power beyond just Oregon. USC is the only school that can do it unless Stanford somehow rediscovers what had them so successful in the early 2010s.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Swung by to read some SC threads and they think these are legit candidates.

Fickle-maybe but he seems like a Midwest guy who already felt with a fan base with crazy expectations.

McVay- lol

Stoops- probably can get him, he is just sitting around.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

buckmarkduck wrote:Swung by to read some SC threads and they think these are legit candidates.

Fickle-maybe but he seems like a Midwest guy who already felt with a fan base with crazy expectations.

McVay- lol

Stoops- probably can get him, he is just sitting around.
Fickell strikes me as an Ohio guy and if he can't be at Ohio State then making Cincy into a power seems more up his alley. It's not like he's got strong West Coast recruiting ties.

McVay - lol

Stoops - He and Chris Peterson are probably the most realistic of the pipe dreams.

Matt Campbell at Iowa State or another up and comer at a G5 seems like a better move for them.
Everythingsducky
Senior

Post by Everythingsducky »

Gotta think Donte is definitely out of the question as HC after a monumental loss at home to OSU. Not that he wouldn’t be considered, but this loss may have killed it altogether. Not that he was even being considered.
Wildcat-Duck
One Star Recruit

Post by Wildcat-Duck »

Don't miss browsing some of the USC forums today. It is worth it for all of the chuckles you will get.
rsbgduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by rsbgduck »

Everythingsducky wrote:Gotta think Donte is definitely out of the question as HC after a monumental loss at home to OSU. Not that he wouldn’t be considered, but this loss may have killed it altogether. Not that he was even being considered.
I watched from just before halftime through the end and IMHO that defense flat out quit on the field. although I enjoy watching a good run game run over a defense in the 4th quarter this was not that and just goes to show the mindset of that locker room. Spoiled children that are a bunch of individuals and not a team with no leaders.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

rsbgduck wrote:
Everythingsducky wrote:Gotta think Donte is definitely out of the question as HC after a monumental loss at home to OSU. Not that he wouldn’t be considered, but this loss may have killed it altogether. Not that he was even being considered.
I watched from just before halftime through the end and IMHO that defense flat out quit on the field. although I enjoy watching a good run game run over a defense in the 4th quarter this was not that and just goes to show the mindset of that locker room. Spoiled children that are a bunch of individuals and not a team with no leaders.
What's funny in some ways is that Jonathan Smith is probably a great choice for them to go after but he'd likely turn them down. I'm more worried about OAC this year and next than USC in the immediate future.
pdxduck2013
Five Star Recruit

Post by pdxduck2013 »

rsbgduck wrote:
Todd Orlando is one of the worst defensive coordinators in college football. How he somehow landed DC gigs at Texas and USC is beyond me. Only reason I can think of is he had dirt on the head coaches because he's terrible.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

pdxduck2013 wrote:
rsbgduck wrote:
Todd Orlando is one of the worst defensive coordinators in college football. How he somehow landed DC gigs at Texas and USC is beyond me. Only reason I can think of is he had dirt on the head coaches because he's terrible.
I can remember some on this forum gazing wistfully in Orlando's direction when Oregon was in the midst of defensive doldrums a few seasons ago.

Hindsight is soooo 20/20...
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

Only reason I can think of is he had dirt on the head coaches because he's terrible.

Something about rubber boots and a sheep...
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine