Helton out at SC

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

DuckMastaFunk
Five Star Recruit

Re: USC coach Clay Helton FIRED

Post by DuckMastaFunk »

I have to admit, the thought of Lane Kiffin leaving an SEC school after one season to go back to USC has me giddy with anticipation. I don't think it happens but if it does, it's a story you couldn't write. :lol
greenyellow

Re: Helton out at SC

Post by greenyellow »

duckfan96 wrote:Saw a article where they mentioned coach cristobals name as a possibility
No way would Cristobal leave when things are going so good in Eugene.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

People are just pulling top names out of a hat. Remember last time they made a real search? 9 guys, including Bellotti and Mike Riley told them no. Carrol had to beg them for the job. There isn’t a Pete Carrol out there bragging for that job. They will hire a meh guy.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Or Meyer takes it, as a bunch of tweets saying he is thinking about quitting on Jacksonville are suddenly coming out.
DuckMastaFunk
Five Star Recruit

Post by DuckMastaFunk »

buckmarkduck wrote:Or Meyer takes it, as a bunch of tweets saying he is thinking about quitting on Jacksonville are suddenly coming out.
If that happens, wow. How many places does that guy need to burn down before he’s seen as damaged goods? I’m sure his agent is arranging a Doctor visit right now to check his non-specific, but very serious health problems.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

Any chance with these guys?

CB:
Domani Jackson
Mater Dei (Santa Ana, CA)
6-1 / 185

DL:
Mykel Williams
Hardaway (Columbus, GA)
6-5 / 265

Both 247 5 stars
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

Yeah, no way MC leaves for USC. He's on a mission here and he'll get all the cheddar he wants.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

pezsez1 wrote:Yeah, no way MC leaves for USC. He's on a mission here and he'll get all the cheddar he wants.
Are we sure it isn't his "dream school?"
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
Duck07
All-American

Re: USC coach Clay Helton FIRED

Post by Duck07 »

buckmarkduck wrote:
DuckMastaFunk wrote:Looks like Mario is getting a raise. I’m not saying he goes, I’m saying his name comes up and we pony up more cash to get him to withdraw his name from consideration.

I feel for Donte. You know the players will lobby to make him the permanent HC, but I think there’s no way they go with another interim.

Rumor is Donte worked behind the scenes to get Clay fired, so he could get the job. Don’t feel for that snake, this is what he wanted.
Is it working behind the scenes or is it simply reading the tea leaves and preparing for the inevitable and being ready for it? Yes, moving up the ladder can be scurrilous, but it's also not like anyone couldn't foresee the day that Helton was fired. He's got to be able to be the Head Coach of not just recruits but the whole team and the coaches for the rest of the year. If he can't handle that then his moves won't pay off.
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

AD has a previous relationship with Fickel
And he will go hard after him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
northbeachsf
Freshman

Post by northbeachsf »

There is ZERO chance Mario leaves for USC. I have never been more confident about something in my entire life. Looking at this objectively.....He spends almost 4 years building a program up to the point where it might actually be in position to win a championship, then leaves for a school that has won the conference championship ONCE in the last 12 years, has a grossly unbalanced roster, has in-locker room fighting between coaches and players, and has fired the last 3 head coaches mid-season? LOL...Uh no.

And as we saw last time around, Mario is not motivated purely by money. He has everything he needs to win at Oregon right now. He's not going anywhere.
Last edited by northbeachsf on Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Bighonkingduck
Three Star Recruit

Post by Bighonkingduck »

Dammit I loved that guy! :lol:
northbeachsf
Freshman

Post by northbeachsf »

The best part about this, is when I saw Cristobal's name mentioned for the USC job on twitter, I just burst out laughing.

Pretty awesome being an Oregon fan these days!
Bighonkingduck
Three Star Recruit

Post by Bighonkingduck »

What about Sark? :lol:
Everythingsducky
Senior

Post by Everythingsducky »

Assuming Donte doesn’t make in-season coordinator changes, what will change this year for them? Donte is a great recruiter, but taking over the room? Don’t see SC being any different the rest of the year. MC already gets some of the best SoCal talent to UO. Why deal with unreal expectations every year?