Chargers 21, Raiders nil

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

nogerO
Senior

Chargers 21, Raiders nil

Post by nogerO »

JH 20-25, 175 yards 3 TD passes.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
Duck07
All-American

Re: Chargers 21, Raiders nil

Post by Duck07 »

2 TD drives to start the 3rd have made it a 1 score game now.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

Chargers are a nice pick-me-up these days
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

Final. Chargers 28, da Raiders 14. Justin and his team are off to a great start. Should be 4-0.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Herbert salvaging the football weekend a little bit for me since I’m also a 49ers fan. It’s crazy to see how much better he is in the NFL, if he was properly utilized I wonder how far the team could’ve gone in 2019.
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

OregonFan4Life wrote:Herbert salvaging the football weekend a little bit for me since I’m also a 49ers fan. It’s crazy to see how much better he is in the NFL, if he was properly utilized I wonder how far the team could’ve gone in 2019.
If the coaches are not thinking about this and kicking themselves in the butt then we have a problem.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

rockthief wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:Herbert salvaging the football weekend a little bit for me since I’m also a 49ers fan. It’s crazy to see how much better he is in the NFL, if he was properly utilized I wonder how far the team could’ve gone in 2019.
If the coaches are not thinking about this and kicking themselves in the butt then we have a problem.
It's hard to say that Herbert was underutilized when we had 0 WRS who could catch consistently. The sheer number of drops is so radical its hard to use this kind of corollary because if you change a lot of those easy drops who knows how much better the Offense would have been. I won't say a system couldn't have been better, but its also clear that Herbert is precisely the kind of QB that thrives in a traditional pro-style offense too.
DuckMastaFunk
Five Star Recruit

Post by DuckMastaFunk »

Duck07 wrote:
rockthief wrote:
It's hard to say that Herbert was underutilized when we had 0 WRS who could catch consistently. The sheer number of drops is so radical its hard to use this kind of corollary because if you change a lot of those easy drops who knows how much better the Offense would have been. I won't say a system couldn't have been better, but its also clear that Herbert is precisely the kind of QB that thrives in a traditional pro-style offense too.
Yeah. I think the WRs during JH’s time we’re all moisturizing their hands with butter! :lol:
I remember thinking Dillon Mitchell was a late first round talent. Turns out, he was a 7th round talent that just looked light years better than every other receiver on the roster.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

I don’t remember the receivers being the at bad his Sr year. JJIII and Redd were very reliable, different story in 2018 but I remember everyone on the forum praising especially JJIII for how much he improved over the offseason. Obviously it wasn’t a group of stars but it was a reliable and solid group. Plus Herbert had one of the best Oline’s in the nation. This isn’t me blaming Herbert, it’s me blaming Mario for not utilizing his incredible talent properly and if he did, who knows how far Oregon would’ve gone.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

OregonFan4Life wrote:I don’t remember the receivers being the at bad his Sr year. JJIII and Redd were very reliable, different story in 2018 but I remember everyone on the forum praising especially JJIII for how much he improved over the offseason. Obviously it wasn’t a group of stars but it was a reliable and solid group. Plus Herbert had one of the best Oline’s in the nation. This isn’t me blaming Herbert, it’s me blaming Mario for not utilizing his incredible talent properly and if he did, who knows how far Oregon would’ve gone.

Lots of recurring disturbing trends.