QB11

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

Alan
Senior

QB11

Post by Alan »

This went around about a year or so again, anyone know who QB11 is? It is hard to gauge how much respect to give his post not being sure. Only QB’s of talent were Clemens and Fouts, doubt one of them.
greenyellow

Re: QB11

Post by greenyellow »

He's not a former Oregon QB; he's more like a very tuned-in Oregon fan. Get the feeling he may have played football himself elsewhere or was around a lot of coaches, which accounts for his above-average knowledge of the game and recruiting. He's been around 247Sports and ScoopDuck for years and he's tight with JHop so that should tell you how trustworthy he is.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

greenyellow wrote:He's not a former Oregon QB; he's more like a very tuned-in Oregon fan. Get the feeling he may have played football himself elsewhere or was around a lot of coaches, which accounts for his above-average knowledge of the game and recruiting. He's been around 247Sports and ScoopDuck for years and he's tight with JHop so that should tell you how trustworthy he is.

Lol, that say enough, thanks
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Fwiw his father is a retired NFL scout, so he has a good understanding of what he is talking about generally. He also has a pretty informative podcast now, if you are into that stuff.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

buckmarkduck wrote:Fwiw his father is a retired NFL scout, so he has a good understanding of what he is talking about generally. He also has a pretty informative podcast now, if you are into that stuff.
That's what it was. It's been a while since it was said how he knows so much.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

He (QB11) has said before that he didn't play QB in college but that he played high school ball at Central Catholic.

That and the other info that is available is probably enough to sleuth out who he is, but he seems to want to keep that anonymous so I'll let him have it from my POV.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

I really like the idea of someone making a name in a community based solely on their knowledge/ analysis rather than having a recognized name because they played, etc. So more power to him. I got a chance to listen to him a bit during the twitter spaces, and he seems pretty smart and well informed. The more voices like that around, the better as far as I am concerned.