Oklahoma: ?

washington: ?

LSU: ?

TCU: Sonny Dykes (SMU)

SMU: Rhett Lashlee (Miami OC)

Arizona State: Retaining Herm Edwards

Nebraska: Retaining Scott Frost

Virginia Tech: ?
I think the jury is out on ASU retainimg Herm. Someone will have to take the fall for the mess at ASU.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Re: Coaching Carousel

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Can't believe Frost hasn't been fired yet.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

UOducksTK1 wrote:Can't believe Frost hasn't been fired yet.

He isn’t a power 5 coach. He will go back to one of those Florida schools and have a solid career.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

lmduck wrote:I think the jury is out on ASU retainimg Herm. Someone will have to take the fall for the mess at ASU.
I saw some kind of announcement the other day saying they intended to bring him back. I think perhaps they're waiting for the NCAA findings to finalize. I can't imagine finding a good coach is easy with that hanging over your head.

In other news, looks like washington is all but settled on DeBoer. Actually a good pickup for them. Question will be whether he can recruit, but since so few other Pac-12 coaches can recruit worth a damn, he might be alright.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

buckmarkduck wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:Can't believe Frost hasn't been fired yet.

He isn’t a power 5 coach. He will go back to one of those Florida schools and have a solid career.
Also his position coaches don't really impress either when I looked at their staff page. That's one thing MC has done well is surround himself with mostly good coaches.

But I agree, Frost should stick to position/coordinator position or head coach outside of a power 5 school.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

StevensTechU wrote:
lmduck wrote:I think the jury is out on ASU retainimg Herm. Someone will have to take the fall for the mess at ASU.
I saw some kind of announcement the other day saying they intended to bring him back. I think perhaps they're waiting for the NCAA findings to finalize. I can't imagine finding a good coach is easy with that hanging over your head.

In other news, looks like washington is all but settled on DeBoer. Actually a good pickup for them. Question will be whether he can recruit, but since so few other Pac-12 coaches can recruit worth a damn, he might be alright.
Yeah, I saw the announcement about Herm and it is a tough one. They are going to
get sanctioned big time and there is likely no way Gill and Pierce return. Finding assistants who want to coach and recruit at a place where they can't go to a bowl game and likely have scholly limits is going to be tough. But as the old saying goes when you roll in the mud with the pigs , you're gonna get dirty.

Depending on what the NCAA finds they may also put a show cause on Herm and could likely suspend him for a number of games next season. According to a couple of ASU folks 'in the know' , the evidemce at ASU is pretty 'damning' and apparently very well documented. Lots of 'receipts ' as they say now.

Remember Chip had a show/ cause for the Willie Lyles episode and if he had stayed at Oregon would have been suspended for the first six games the following season.

Will be very interesting to see how this plays out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Looks like Riley is bringing his DC with him, I don’t think Dontae will be too happy with that.

Would Mario consider letting go of Deruyter and giving Dontae a chance at the DC position? Deruyter isn’t bad but I don’t feel like he’s a good fit with Mario. His bend but don’t break and 3rd down defense don’t work well with Mario’s offensive philosophies. I know Dontae is unproven but his recruiting alone makes him seem like a worthwhile risk at DC.
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

OregonFan4Life wrote:Looks like Riley is bringing his DC with him, I don’t think Dontae will be too happy with that.

Would Mario consider letting go of Deruyter and giving Dontae a chance at the DC position? Deruyter isn’t bad but I don’t feel like he’s a good fit with Mario. His bend but don’t break and 3rd down defense don’t work well with Mario’s offensive philosophies. I know Dontae is unproven but his recruiting alone makes him seem like a worthwhile risk at DC.
Don't think Mario takes this risk.
webfoots2001
Two Star Recruit

Post by webfoots2001 »

OregonFan4Life wrote:Looks like Riley is bringing his DC with him, I don’t think Dontae will be too happy with that.

Half of the defensive starters and many backups have been out for most of the season. Holy s***, what kind of miracles do you expect from him?
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

It's also DeRuyter's first season as DC. Given all the adversity, defense has been great.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

greenyellow wrote:

I hate ND. But who leaves ND for any other college job?
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

webfoots2001 wrote:

Half of the defensive starters and many backups have been out for most of the season. Holy s***, what kind of miracles do you expect from him?
Like I said, Deruyter isn’t bad, I just don’t know if his defensive philosophy is the best fit with Mario’s offensive philosophy, that’s all. Though maybe Deruyter’s defensive philosophy is largely due to the injuries they’ve had on defense.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

greenyellow wrote:
Solid hire, I know it’s good for the PAC-12 and Oregon if USC and WA are better but I sure will miss Helton and Lake.