Coaching Carousel

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

wlduck
Sophomore

Coaching Carousel

Post by wlduck »

I really have no idea if he would entertain offers, but there are a lot of openings and not a lot of obvious big name candidates. Prepare to hear Cristobals name come up a ot.
wlduck
Sophomore

Re: Coaching Carousel

Post by wlduck »

And Moorhead's name will be popular too..
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

wlduck wrote:And Moorhead's name will be popular too..
I'll be very surprised if JoMo sticks around another year.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
wlduck
Sophomore

Post by wlduck »

karlhungis wrote:
I just hope he leaves the PAC.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

wlduck wrote:
karlhungis wrote:
Hoping he ends up with the Penn State job after Franklin moves on.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
alxtw
Five Star Recruit

Post by alxtw »

karlhungis wrote:
wlduck wrote:
karlhungis wrote:
Hoping he ends up with the Penn State job after Franklin moves on.
I hope Franklin doesn't end up at USC. The UW job is too little for Franklin, even though the poodles think they are in the same category as USC. :lol:
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

karlhungis wrote:
I honestly won’t be surprised if he DOES stay around another year. His health is paramount and he may want to give it another year before he makes a move again.
Just a hunch on my part based on a couple of things I’ve heard but certainly don’t know this with 100% certainty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ducks5ever
Four Star Recruit

Post by ducks5ever »

Outside a solid game plan against Ohio State, has Moorhead really proven much? Let's be honest, the Pac-12 conference isn't that strong of a conference yet the fans are still getting heart attacks in the 4th quarter most of the games we play.

Something that does concern me is the Miami job opening up. Manny Diaz hasn't been doing well down there and there are rumblings that they want to get rid of him. Only thing stopping them is probably $$ (Diaz [w/ staff] buyout + CMC buyout + new salary)
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

I have no idea why anyone would hire Moorhead based on his performance the last two years. The offense has been terrible, there is no evidence of QB development, and his recruiting is nearly non-existent. I would only assume he was being sought for something he did before he got to Oregon.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

I definitely don't want MC to leave!

But if he did, this might be the perfect moment to hire Chip Kelly from a lesser UCLA program and equip him with a trio of top-5ish recruiting classes including the highest-rated QB recruit in Oregon history. He probably couldn't maintain the program's long-term success, but I bet he could make a couple of national championship runs with our arsenal.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

pezsez1 wrote:I definitely don't want MC to leave!

But if he did, this might be the perfect moment to hire Chip Kelly from a lesser UCLA program and equip him with a trio of top-5ish recruiting classes including the highest-rated QB recruit in Oregon history. He probably couldn't maintain the program's long-term success, but I bet he could make a couple of national championship runs with our arsenal.

Duck fans still think of Chip 2009-2012. Chip isn’t that guy who is far ahead of everyone else. Lots of dc have his o figured out, and he didn’t evolve. At this point he would love to be 7 win Chip.
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

I don’t get this ‘Chip should come back’ thing. He has proven to be mediocre at best since he left Oregon. He hates to recruit, he hates having to deal with donors, he hates interacting with the media. As correctly pointed out , he is no longer viewed as innovative . Why would he be a good choice to come back?

He was hired at UCLA to bring them back to prominence. How has that worked out? The big money donors there are losing patience and the LA media really dislikes him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

Fuente out at VaTech.
partytime1667
One Star Recruit

Post by partytime1667 »

Per Feldman, Chip is a “wildcard” candidate for the UW job. I’d be ok with that, it would tank their already abysmal recruiting and they don’t have the personnel for his offense.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

partytime1667 wrote:Per Feldman, Chip is a “wildcard” candidate for the UW job. I’d be ok with that, it would tank their already abysmal recruiting and they don’t have the personnel for his offense.
Oh man I think that'd be great. Chip would be doing us another solid in the rivalry and they'd only realize it once it's too late, hahaha.