The natty

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

Duck07
All-American

Re: The natty

Post by Duck07 »

Alan wrote:I must be the only one hoping for a Georgia loss, not for Michigan but to get Lanning a full time Duck and lock things down and get ready for the next signing day and off season work. Although opening next season against the defending National champions doesn’t sound bad either.
At this point he can only do so much recruiting anyways and with so few targets for this class to go after I don't see an issue as it is.
DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit

Post by DuckzRule »

SuperDuck wrote:Georgia barely beat Cincy in last year's Peach Bowl, 24-21. They may not beat Alabama, but I don't see them getting blown out.

Georgia was exposed against Alabama and Michigan may try to exploit that. I don't see any guarantee that Georgia wins this game. Right now I'm looking at it as a tossup.
That Cincy line didn't age well.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Georgia's defense is absolutely smothering Michigan's vaunted OL and run game. Looks like Lanning will be working in Georgia for at least another 10 days.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

greenyellow wrote:Georgia's defense is absolutely smothering Michigan's vaunted OL and run game. Looks like Lanning will be working in Georgia for at least another 10 days.
Seems like a familiar scheme as far as defensive sets go relative to our personnel and we're going to be strong up the middle next year.
DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit

Post by DuckzRule »

I wish the natty wasn't Georgia vs Alabama but still I hope Georgia and our future coach win something.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Remember all the Harbaugh love for old Willie T? This is what you get for forcing that mess on us.
alxtw
Five Star Recruit

Post by alxtw »

michigan is overrated n got exposed. Cincy is even more overrated. Cincy even had some struggles with their conference cupcakes. You could argue that michigan should or shouldn't have make the CFP. But Cincy def shouldn't have been in the CFP.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

alxtw wrote:michigan is overrated n got exposed. Cincy is even more overrated. Cincy even had some struggles with their conference cupcakes. You could argue that michigan should or shouldn't have make the CFP. But Cincy def shouldn't have been in the CFP.
If not Michigan and Cincy then who? ND, tOSU, Baylor, Ole Miss, etc. would have all had the same outcomes. The teams that got in were the most deserving, Bama and Georgia are just that much better than everyone else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit

Post by DuckzRule »

Shall we make a thread while the natty is being played?
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

After watching the games, I'm still pretty confident Cincinnati was the third best team in the country.
alxtw
Five Star Recruit

Post by alxtw »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:
alxtw wrote:michigan is overrated n got exposed. Cincy is even more overrated. Cincy even had some struggles with their conference cupcakes. You could argue that michigan should or shouldn't have make the CFP. But Cincy def shouldn't have been in the CFP.
If not Michigan and Cincy then who? ND, tOSU, Baylor, Ole Miss, etc. would have all had the same outcomes. The teams that got in were the most deserving, Bama and Georgia are just that much better than everyone else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Baylor would have had a better chance than Cincy and Michigan. Their defense is better suited against SEC teams. Ohio State probably doesn't have opt-outs if they make the playoffs and would have had just as good of a puncher's chance against Georgia as Michigan did. Although I do agree with your with you comment that Bama and Georgia are much better than any other team in the nation. It wouldn't have mattered who the two other teams were..
DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit

Post by DuckzRule »

Today's the day, folks.

Let's root for Georgia
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

DuckzRule wrote:Today's the day, folks. :lol:

Let's root for Georgia
Pretty easy for me to do now that I live in Georgia! My three favorite teams: Oregon, Georgia and whoever is playing row tied! :lol: :lol:
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
alxtw
Five Star Recruit

Post by alxtw »

Alabama is without their top two WRs and Georgia defense isn't having their way. Not sure if thats a result of Young being much better than Stetson or Alabama's offense being better than Georgia s defense. Alabama's defense does look better than Georgia's defense.
DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit

Post by DuckzRule »

Our HC's ex-team has just won the natty!