Why are their non Alabama fans

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

duck023
Four Star Recruit

Why are their non Alabama fans

Post by duck023 »

I grew up always traveling to Eugene and Donald Duck was my favorite character as a kid so my mom bought me a bunch of Duck stuff in Eugene etc. To me Oregon and Notre Dame were the only programs I knew about growing up so Oregon is special to me. So I could never give up on Oregon even if I stop watching them for a few years because of how frustrated college football makes me. What is everyone else's excuse?

My heart is in Eugene but my head tells me there is no point of rooting for any team that isn't named Alabama. I don't get how most of the college football fans especially the bandwagon ones haven't figured this out yet. You could either root for one of the other 100 teams and suffer or you can root for Alabama and watch your team succeed every year. 80% of college football fans should be Alabama fans because they win 80% of the championships. College football fans need to be smarter.
nogerO
Senior

Re: Why are their non Alabama fans

Post by nogerO »

"My heart is in Eugene but my head tells me there is no point of rooting for any team that isn't named Alabama. I don't get how most of the college football fans especially the bandwagon ones haven't figured this out yet. You could either root for one of the other 100 teams and suffer or you can root for Alabama and watch your team succeed every year. 80% of college football fans should be Alabama fans because they win 80% of the championships. College football fans need to be smarter."

First its "there". Second seems to me, based on what you said about Mullens, you don't
qualify to lecture about being smarter. Mullens just made another outstanding hire and added to that long list of doing so.

Go Ducks!
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

nogerO wrote:
First its "there". Second seems to me, based on what you said about Mullens, you don't
qualify to lecture about being smarter.

Comedy gold.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

It is not a matter of winning as it is allegiance to an alma mater.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

A subtle reminder that that last School to win their 1st National Championship was Florida in 1992.
squintsdd
Sophomore

Post by squintsdd »

Can we just confirm that he's a troll now
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Duck07 wrote:A subtle reminder that that last School to win their 1st National Championship was Florida in 1992.
1992? Or 96
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

buckmarkduck wrote:
Duck07 wrote:A subtle reminder that that last School to win their 1st National Championship was Florida in 1992.
1992? Or 96
I could be wrong on the year but I know it's UF under Spurrier.
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

rockthief wrote:It is not a matter of winning as it is allegiance to an alma mater.

Growing up in the South were a lot of people are Joe Saturday instead of Joe Sunday people, the alma mater thing really doesn't play. People more often than not have already picked a college team to follow as they would a pro sport team as a child and then they may or may not go there. There is more than a dozen state universities to go to in Louisiana with about a half dozen private universities. I've been a fan of LSU athletics all my life but opted to go to a smaller university. With that said whenever LSU plays them I do wear my alma mater colors while cheering on the Tigers.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

duck023 wrote:I grew up always traveling to Eugene and Donald Duck was my favorite character as a kid so my mom bought me a bunch of Duck stuff in Eugene etc. To me Oregon and Notre Dame were the only programs I knew about growing up so Oregon is special to me. So I could never give up on Oregon even if I stop watching them for a few years because of how frustrated college football makes me. What is everyone else's excuse?

My heart is in Eugene but my head tells me there is no point of rooting for any team that isn't named Alabama. I don't get how most of the college football fans especially the bandwagon ones haven't figured this out yet. You could either root for one of the other 100 teams and suffer or you can root for Alabama and watch your team succeed every year. 80% of college football fans should be Alabama fans because they win 80% of the championships. College football fans need to be smarter.
This didn't age well did it Billy?
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
duck023
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck023 »

nogerO wrote:
duck023 wrote:I grew up always traveling to Eugene and Donald Duck was my favorite character as a kid so my mom bought me a bunch of Duck stuff in Eugene etc. To me Oregon and Notre Dame were the only programs I knew about growing up so Oregon is special to me. So I could never give up on Oregon even if I stop watching them for a few years because of how frustrated college football makes me. What is everyone else's excuse?

This didn't age well did it Billy?
I said 80% to cover the possibility of Alabama actually losing to Georgia for the first time.
Last edited by duck023 on Sat Mar 05, 2022 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
duck023
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck023 »

squintsdd wrote:Can we just confirm that he's a troll now
I like how if you care about Oregon too much you are considered a troll. So, if I display human emotions about my team being destroyed twice in a row and losing their coach, I'm a troll? Also forget about the Duck's because this topic was on Alabama. How am I a troll for pointing out the power imbalance that Alabama has over the rest of college football on a Duck forum. It wasn't even like I was trashing the Duck's here. By the way I think the Lanning hire was great so I'm not hating on Mullen's anymore.
duck023
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck023 »

I don't even get what I said that upset you guys so much. Listen I'm on this forum a lot I've seen all of you guy's (the egg eating guy and Marvin the Martian) criticize Oregon after they win so I find it a little weird how you guy's get so defensive about me criticizing Oregon when they lose and also lose their coach. There will be a moment when I'll take the W and you guys will criticize how W was won. At that moment I'll take the higher ground and won't call you a troll like you do to me.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

Row tied!
duck023
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck023 »

By the way I just want to point out I love this forum and I like you guys a lot. I'm not even sure you guy's disagree with anything I said. I didn't like Mullens Taggert hire and I did freak out that he would make another hire like that but he didn't he went for arguably the greatest assistant coach in the SEC.

I'll answer my own question. The reason I'm a Ducks fan is because even though they haven't won the whole thing yet they are the most exciting team to watch. Whenever the Duck's lose it leads Sportscenter. It used to bother me but that shows you how exciting the Ducks are.