Utah just lost the Rose Bowl.

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit

Utah just lost the Rose Bowl.

Post by DuckzRule »

Pretty heartbreaking if you ask me, they'll get mocked because we beat tOSU and they didn't.
greenyellow

Re: Utah just lost the Rose Bowl.

Post by greenyellow »

Smith-Njigba just destroyed Utah's secondary, with 346 yards and 3 TDs on 15 catches. Stroud also broke Oregon QB Danny O'Neil's Rose Bowl passing yards record with 573 yards.
EncinitasDuck
Five Star Recruit

Post by EncinitasDuck »

I'd say they did a nice job of Coug'n it
EncinitasDuck
Five Star Recruit

Post by EncinitasDuck »

DuckzRule wrote:Pretty heartbreaking if you ask me, they'll get mocked because we beat tOSU and they didn't.
And this was an tOSU team that had a lot of opt outs
DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit

Post by DuckzRule »

EncinitasDuck wrote:
DuckzRule wrote:Pretty heartbreaking if you ask me, they'll get mocked because we beat tOSU and they didn't.
To this day I still can't believe we beat tOSU even if this was actually a somewhat mediocre season.
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

Whittingham was totally out coached in the second half. Day made some really good adjustments at the half.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bighonkingduck
Three Star Recruit

Post by Bighonkingduck »

lmduck wrote:Whittingham was totally out coached in the second half. Day made some really good adjustments at the half.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Punted in 4th quarter tie game 8 min left 4th and 4. When you are not stopping anyone don't punt. Really poor decision.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Two years in a row the P12 is winless in bowls.

Herbert's senior year is the last P12 bowl win.
alxtw
Five Star Recruit

Post by alxtw »

DuckzRule wrote:
EncinitasDuck wrote:
To this day I still can't believe we beat tOSU even if this was actually a somewhat mediocre season.
And we beat them being short handed and having all the cards against us. I think this years Ohio State team is not consistently dominant. They play very well but drop to sub-standard play a few games this year. (against us and Michigan) We also had our 1 out of 10 best team and AB performance against Ohio State.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

I think the Utes fire went out when the QB1 was injured... Completely diferent offensive game after theat.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Imagine if Wario had put in a qb who could throw? The utes DBs aren’t good.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

woundedknees wrote:I think the Utes fire went out when the QB1 was injured... Completely diferent offensive game after theat.

They blew it way before that happened. The QB getting hurt didn’t change the outcome. The backup he two drives, with one TD more than the utes had the entire second half. Stop giving Utah an out here. Ohio st made the right adjustments and Whit did his best Mario impersonation with time management
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

buckmarkduck wrote:
woundedknees wrote:I think the Utes fire went out when the QB1 was injured... Completely diferent offensive game after theat.

They blew it way before that happened. The QB getting hurt didn’t change the outcome. The backup he two drives, with one TD more than the utes had the entire second half. Stop giving Utah an out here. Ohio st made the right adjustments and Whit did his best Mario impersonation with time management
You and I were watching two different games. The idea that it didn't matter that Rising's injury didn't matter is insane to me.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Actually I fall in between the two thoughts: wittingham blew it with the clock management after the pass interference call. They scored too quickly and gave it back with almost two minutes on the clock. They needed to drain that clock down and then make a decision to go for two or play for ot. I'd have gone for two knowing Rising was out for the game. that they didn't go to OT at minimum is on KW and I've yet to see him get called out for it.
alxtw
Five Star Recruit

Post by alxtw »

This game shows how good our team was for one game against a healthy and fully available roster Ohio State team. We easily win both games against Utah if that team and AB showed up both times instead.