Bengals in the Superbowl

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

nogerO
Senior

Bengals in the Superbowl

Post by nogerO »

Beat KC on FG in OT 27-24.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
rockthief
Senior

Re: Bengals in the Superbowl

Post by rockthief »

Three upsets in a row is something!
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

Seems like most of the country should be rooting for the Bengals in the Super Bowl. I can't think of many good reasons to root for the Rams, unless you just happen to be a Rams fan.
TheDrake
Two Star Recruit

Post by TheDrake »

Rams two Ducks

Bengals zip
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

Justin Hollins and ??

I'm not sure why everyone would be rooting for the Bengals...is it because Johnny Fever just died? I grew up a 49er fan and was rooting for them yesterday, but it has been fun watching Matthew Stafford and Cooper Kupp doing their thing this season. You have to feel for Stafford, mired in Detroit for years and being blamed for how permanently awful they are, and now he is away from there and immediately in contention. Huh, seems like it wasn't actually him that was the problem. Kupp, meanwhile, has made some kind of Faustian bargain - I have no idea how gets open so often when everyone knows the ball is going to him. Dude goes from Eastern Washington to being the best receiver in the NFL. What's not to like about that story?

Anyway, these aren't the teams I wanted in the Superbowl, but it seems like there is more reason to root for the West Coast team as a Duck fan.
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

Johnny Mundt and Hollins are the two Rams players that are former Ducks.

It is pretty obvious why the Rams are one of the least liked teams across the country this season. They have the perception of doing everything they could do (sacrificing future draft picks, etc.) in order to assemble as close to an All-Star team as you can in the NFL. Obviously, it is their right to do so, but most of the country is going to be rooting for the underdog.

The Rams are basically the NFL equivalent of the Warriors (after they signed Durant) and the Nets of today.