How long do you think Cristobal will last in Miami?

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

buckmarkduck
All-American

Re: How long do you think Cristobal will last in Miami?

Post by buckmarkduck »

Didn’t his new DC get his last HC fired so he could try and take the job? I hope shenanigans like that happen at Miami.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

buckmarkduck wrote:Didn’t his new DC get his last HC fired so he could try and take the job? I hope shenanigans like that happen at Miami.
Was this at Auburn?
alxtw
Five Star Recruit

Post by alxtw »

lukeyrid13 wrote:I think with all coaches, they need to really recognize when they have a great fit and not always be looking for their "next move". Chip could honestly have been right there with Saban and Dabo and been a sure fire hall of fame college coach where his success alone brings in the recruits. But he had to scratch the NFL itch and can never replicate what he had here.

Similarly, Mike Riley was in a sweet spot at Oregon State. He flamed out FAST both with Nebraska and the Chargers.

My gut feeling, is that Cristobal had a good run here and folks were able to overlook his pedestrian offenses, but if that continues for another year or two that his luster will begin to wear off and he slowly fades but it takes 5-6 years.
UO is such an amazing foundation and ample amount of resources for coaches, with more patient and mellow fans and boosters compared to SEC teams, that I don't they realize it. I think even Slick could have done very well if he stayed at UO.

Agree, Chip would have been a HOF er if he stayed at Oregon. But he left to escape disciplinary actions and so Oregon would have less harsh penalties. Without the scandal, I think he would have been coaching at Oregon longer.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Alan wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:Didn’t his new DC get his last HC fired so he could try and take the job? I hope shenanigans like that happen at Miami.
Was this at Auburn?

Yes. And he lobbied hard for the job, until it came to light what he did to stab Gus in the back.