Nebraska doing Nebraska Things

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

ducks5ever
Four Star Recruit

Nebraska doing Nebraska Things

Post by ducks5ever »

Saw them lose to Northwestern - not that I care.

But... that Nebraska D-line could not stop NW's run. Is that a harbinger for how our DL and that transfer from Nebraska will look this year?
greenyellow

Re: Nebraska doing Nebraska Things

Post by greenyellow »

I wouldn't read too much into Nebraska's DL and Oregon's DL now. Vastly different systems and types of athletes.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

It's all in the ralphing style... Maybe Nebraska players need a launch box?
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

Frost may not last the season
SuperDuck
Senior

Post by SuperDuck »

Alan wrote:Frost may not last the season

I heard before the game that Nebraska really wants to keep him and that he wants to stay, but there've been significant changes made to his contract for this season. He had to take a $1 million dollar pay cut, as well as reducing his contract buyout from $15 million to $7.5 million. That will make it much easier for Nebraska to move on if he doesn't perform well again this year.

Personally, I think Frost is a good coach. I can see him landing at a smaller school for 2-3 years, winning a lot of games, and then moving back into the Power-5.

I just don't think Nebraska holds the same charm they used to and that their history of success is becoming further distant. I'm not saying they can never be good again, I'm just saying their days of dominance are over.
John 3:36
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

ducks5ever wrote:Saw them lose to Northwestern - not that I care.

But... that Nebraska D-line could not stop NW's run. Is that a harbinger for how our DL and that transfer from Nebraska will look this year?

So last year nebraskas DL was its strength, and ranked top 10. I’m not seeing how yesterday, a D with 8 transfers starting, has anything with UO?
ducks5ever
Four Star Recruit

Post by ducks5ever »

buckmarkduck wrote:

So last year nebraskas DL was its strength, and ranked top 10. I’m not seeing how yesterday, a D with 8 transfers starting, has anything with UO?
This specific hire was kinda lingering at the back of my mind as a question mark (since we normally don't go hiring people from 3-9 teams). I know that they had a bunch of close losses so the 3-9 is a tad bit misleading, but still.

I never looked too deeply into their team but the DL performance had me a tad bit worried since I thought a lot of those guys were coached by our current coach. Looks like you're saying they were not so that's good.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

ducks5ever wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:

This specific hire was kinda lingering at the back of my mind as a question mark (since we normally don't go hiring people from 3-9 teams). I know that they had a bunch of close losses so the 3-9 is a tad bit misleading, but still.

I never looked too deeply into their team but the DL performance had me a tad bit worried since I thought a lot of those guys were coached by our current coach. Looks like you're saying they were not so that's good.

Their D actually was pretty good last year. Finished 15 overall. But they lost a lot of guys to the portal, and yesterday started 8 new transfers.
pdxduck2013
Five Star Recruit

Post by pdxduck2013 »

And...Frost got fired. Let's see who their next HC will be. I think it should be Craig Bohl from Wyoming (who I thought they should've hired when they fired Riley).
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

pdxduck2013 wrote:And...Frost got fired. Let's see who their next HC will be. I think it should be Craig Bohl from Wyoming (who I thought they should've hired when they fired Riley).
Sounds like they are going after Campbell from ISU.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

I've heard the Kansas coach will likely be a target as well.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

lukeyrid13 wrote:I've heard the Kansas coach will likely be a target as well.
I was just talking to a friend about how Leipold and Clawson (Wake Forest) are cut from the same cloth. Can turn water into spritzer, though maybe not wine.
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

Just saw in an article that Frost was 5-22 in one score games at Nebraska.
Zyme
All Pac-12
GM: New York Knicks GM

Post by Zyme »

They could have waited like 3ish weeks and saved millions, fired now. Their money I guess but seems silly.
DASL1 Rings: '93, '94

K's HOF:
Mark "Wholly Mammoth" Eaton | Retired 2002, age 44: 24 min/8pts/8reb/1stl/2.5 blks/1 TO
Michael "Sweet Home" Ansley | Retired 2007, age 42: 33 min/16pts/8 reb/1.5stl/.5 blks/.5 TO Lifetime .550 shooting %
Gheorghe "Ghiţă (Ghitza, Little George)" Mureșan | Retired 2008, age 36: 35Min/16.2pt/12.2reb/2.1ast/1.6stl/2.9blk/1.3TO (.461/.715/.000)
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

StevensTechU wrote:
lukeyrid13 wrote:I've heard the Kansas coach will likely be a target as well.
I was just talking to a friend about how Leipold and Clawson (Wake Forest) are cut from the same cloth. Can turn water into spritzer, though maybe not wine.
I'm not sure Geez would make a good coach anyways, he's too forgiving 8-)