Georgia

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

duck023
Four Star Recruit

Georgia

Post by duck023 »

I feel this belongs here more than the Duck forum. The one thing positive that I heard that actually sounded reasonable for the Ducks was that Georgia is what the Ducks will look like in the future. This came from a Georgia fan. The only problem is I still don't completely buy into Geogia's hype. I remember I bought into Utah as the best team in the country after destroyed Oregon in Autzen and they ended up with the same record as Oregon. Georgia is better than that Utah team but are they better than that 2001 Miami team Oregon should have played or USC with Leinhart? Or did Oregon play horrible and that isn't going to help them when they are on the road in the SEC?
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Re: Georgia

Post by lukeyrid13 »

^ Georgia allowed 9ppg last year and Bama is the only team to hit 20 in 15 games

They have 20 5 star players

They’re VERY good
alxtw
Five Star Recruit

Post by alxtw »

Georgia and Alabama are just so much better than all the other teams. Ohio State and Clemson have just as much talent but are not consistently good like georgia and alabama and drop their level of play a few games a season.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

Just look at the linemen from Georgia and Alabama. They are all 5*, HUGE, and are dominant. We just don't compare to what those schools can put on the field. Its a factory for these types of players here in the southeast. Until we can field a team of 5* players across both our lines, we're not going to consistently beat the teams that can. Just the facts, ma'am!
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
duck023
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck023 »

The thing is I notice you guys are pairing them with Alabama. However, if they can beat Oregon like that and it wasn't one of those bad Oregon days like 2015 against Utah in Autzen then they might actually be way above Alabama because Alabama lost to Johnny Manziel and teams that had lesser talent than Oregon has this year. Oregon has recruited in the top 10 lately but people said there was a clear difference from Georgia and Oregon when they got off the bus. I haven't heard Alabama praised like that against another top 10 recruiting school. So, they might be beyond Alabama at this point, or they'll come back to earth.
lukeyrid13
All-American

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Perspective (kudos to QB11 for this analogy)

- Bowers is a better athlete at TE than Colt Lyerla

- Jalen Carter is a better NFL prospect than Ngata

- Darnell Washington is 10x what Ed Dickson was

- Christopher Smith would likely be the best S in Oregon history

- Nolan Smith would be the best LB in Oregon history

- Malachi Starks is a 5* and would probably end up having the best career of any Oregon corner

- Kelee Ringo would likely be the best corner in Oregon history

- Stetson Bennett was 3rd in passing efficiency last year (behind Stroud and Bryce Young)

Essentially, if you took the all-time team at Oregon and played this Georgia team, it would probably be a fair game. It's unreal how talented they are right now.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

So many hyperbolic statements there. The only one I really agree with is the comment on Nolan Smith. Ed Dickson is a better receiver than Washington. Chris Smith would definitely not be the best Oregon safety ever; dude is 2nd team SEC.

Georgia could hang with an all-time Oregon team, but probably still lose by a couple TDs.
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

duck023 wrote:The thing is I notice you guys are pairing them with Alabama. However, if they can beat Oregon like that and it wasn't one of those bad Oregon days like 2015 against Utah in Autzen then they might actually be way above Alabama because Alabama lost to Johnny Manziel and teams that had lesser talent than Oregon has this year. Oregon has recruited in the top 10 lately but people said there was a clear difference from Georgia and Oregon when they got off the bus. I haven't heard Alabama praised like that against another top 10 recruiting school. So, they might be beyond Alabama at this point, or they'll come back to earth.
During the game I was watching the players walk back to the huddle and yes, Georgia players were HUGE. It was almost embarrassing. These guys were easily a couple feet taller and 50lbs bigger than all of our players. Size matters. We looked like a high school team standing next to them.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

QuackininBama wrote:
duck023 wrote:The thing is I notice you guys are pairing them with Alabama. However, if they can beat Oregon like that and it wasn't one of those bad Oregon days like 2015 against Utah in Autzen then they might actually be way above Alabama because Alabama lost to Johnny Manziel and teams that had lesser talent than Oregon has this year. Oregon has recruited in the top 10 lately but people said there was a clear difference from Georgia and Oregon when they got off the bus. I haven't heard Alabama praised like that against another top 10 recruiting school. So, they might be beyond Alabama at this point, or they'll come back to earth.
During the game I was watching the players walk back to the huddle and yes, Georgia players were HUGE. It was almost embarrassing. These guys were easily a couple feet taller and 50lbs bigger than all of our players. Size matters. We looked like a high school team standing next to them.
LMAO at this nonsense.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

QuackininBama wrote:
Uhhhhhhhh
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

I think he meant inches instead of feet? Otherwise we got a Goliath team.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

Our OL is massive. Our linebackers are huge and fast. Our corners are huge. Our receivers are big. Our tight ends are big.

Our DL is pretty average in size. Our QB is only huge when compared to Stetson Bennett. But anyway, I don't think we have a unit on the field that is undersized. Outside of Darnell Washington and Kelee Ringo - which, have you see Moliki Matavao and Trikweze Bridges? - Georgia doesn't "outsize" Oregon.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

The Rising Duck podcast nailed it perfectly, there is a huge talent gap but the players played really undisciplined, especially at the LB position which is supposed to be a strength. I think this Georgia roster has more 5 stars than Oregon has in their program history. The combination of talent gap and undisciplined play (especially by Nix and the LB’s) is what led to the score. I think 42-17 would be a score that is truly an indicator of the actual talent gap.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

OregonFan4Life wrote:The Rising Duck podcast nailed it perfectly, there is a huge talent gap but the players played really undisciplined, especially at the LB position which is supposed to be a strength. I think this Georgia roster has more 5 stars than Oregon has in their program history. The combination of talent gap and undisciplined play (especially by Nix and the LB’s) is what led to the score. I think 42-17 would be a score that is truly an indicator of the actual talent gap.
People are severely over-stating Talent as the main reason for this loss and not putting enough stock into the fact that Georgia has been a stable program for the last 8 years building up to this point and every one of their players wanted to beat their old DC while we turned over a completely new staff for the 2nd time in 4 years.

yes there is a talent gap but they aren't a 49-3 difference in talent from Georgia no more than when Chip was pounding teams to similar scores and thinking it was all because of 5* talent gaps.
lukeyrid13
All-American

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Georgia also played mistake free the entire game.

- They didn't drop a single pass
- Bennett had no throws that were off
- OL didn't misplay a stunt and allow sack
- Secondary was locked in all game long
- Their tackling was superb
- Speed on the edges was elite
- RB broke a ton of tackles
- No fumbles
etc

Is there a path for us winning the game, honestly probably only with a +5 turnover margin.

We made mistakes which only compounded the talent gap(s).