Georgia

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

lmduck
Four Star Recruit

Re: Georgia

Post by lmduck »

QuackininBama wrote:
duck023 wrote:The thing is I notice you guys are pairing them with Alabama. However, if they can beat Oregon like that and it wasn't one of those bad Oregon days like 2015 against Utah in Autzen then they might actually be way above Alabama because Alabama lost to Johnny Manziel and teams that had lesser talent than Oregon has this year. Oregon has recruited in the top 10 lately but people said there was a clear difference from Georgia and Oregon when they got off the bus. I haven't heard Alabama praised like that against another top 10 recruiting school. So, they might be beyond Alabama at this point, or they'll come back to earth.
During the game I was watching the players walk back to the huddle and yes, Georgia players were HUGE. It was almost embarrassing. These guys were easily a couple feet taller and 50lbs bigger than all of our players. Size matters. We looked like a high school team standing next to them.
I guess i missed all the 8ft tall Ga players[SMIRKING FACE]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

I don't know why the result of the game would surprise anyone, other than how extreme the beat-down was. First game under a brand new head coach, traveling all the way across the country to face the defending national champions in their home state. It's a recipe for the disaster we saw, and most fans with any sense saw it coming. I didn't even watch the first half because I knew what would likely happen; I turned it on in the middle of the third quarter just long enough to confirm it. It doesn't mean all the players on Georgia have to be all world. I'd bet money the result would be much closer even by the end of this season, especially if the Bulldogs had to travel here. Saying all their players are better than Oregon's all-time best guys...no way that's true. We've had some great DB's come through Oregon, and Haloti Ngata was a generational monster. Georgia didn't have to be all world to contain Bo Nix and the three skinnies.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

In defense of QB11 and his podcast, that’s not exactly what he said, and he was being somewhat hyperbolic in order to make a point.

Comparing talent from an analytics point of view, we would need to have some of the great players from past teams to match what this Georgia team has. They have 15 five stars on this current roster and we’ve signed 13 in our program’s history. So from a recruiting rankings view, in order to match the talent level of this Georgia team we would need all the five stars we’ve ever had. His point wasn’t that we would need to add NFL all-pros to match Georgia’s talent level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit

Post by DuckzRule »

I have a feeling Georgia will repeat as national champions, giving birth to the Bulldog Dynasty.
duck023
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck023 »

What happened against Missouri? I'm not 100% sure but Oregon has out recruited Missouri in the past 10 years. So why didn't Kirby talk about how talented his guys are when they squeak by Missouri.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

duck023 wrote:What happened against Missouri? I'm not 100% sure but Oregon has out recruited Missouri in the past 10 years. So why didn't Kirby talk about how talented his guys are when they squeak by Missouri.
Kirby Not so?
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine