Week 2 College Football Game Discussion

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

OregonFan4Life
All-American

Re: Week 2 College Football Game Discussion

Post by OregonFan4Life »

StevensTechU wrote:BYU misses a chip shot field goal to beat #9 Baylor in regulation. Going to OT.

Beavers score a touchdown to one-time Ducks commit Harrison, converts the 2-pt and goes up 29-26 with 1:50 to play.
I’ve been watching most of the BYU vs Baylor game (granted not fully attentive as I’m also working), I think Oregon can and should beat BYU.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Gutsy move by Smith to pull the FG kicker and score the winning TD with Coletto.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

greenyellow wrote:Gutsy move by Smith to pull the FG kicker and score the winning TD with Coletto.
Walk-off TD. Hot damn.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

OregonFan4Life wrote:
StevensTechU wrote:BYU misses a chip shot field goal to beat #9 Baylor in regulation. Going to OT.

Beavers score a touchdown to one-time Ducks commit Harrison, converts the 2-pt and goes up 29-26 with 1:50 to play.
I’ve been watching most of the BYU vs Baylor game (granted not fully attentive as I’m also working), I think Oregon can and should beat BYU.
Oregon versus mobile quarterbacks gives me the heebie-jeebies.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

I like Smith as a coach a lot, though I’m gonna miss the Beavs being an automatic beardown every year. They’re on the rise and will be a force to reckon with in the PAC.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

BYU pulls off the upset of Baylor in double OT. Should be a good game next week in Eugene.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

BYU wins in double OT cause Baylor has a garbage QB and went in self destruct mode. I wasn’t very impressed with either team. Still bummed Ika went to Baylor though, he’d thrive with Lanning and he’d be a huge asset to the defense. Let’s get revenge for the basketball team ducks!
Last edited by OregonFan4Life on Sat Sep 10, 2022 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

BYU makes the defensive stand. They're more athletic (on offense) than most years and play disciplined ball. Going to be a tough game, IMO.

Three top 10 teams topple today.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

StevensTechU wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:

Oregon versus mobile quarterbacks gives me the heebie-jeebies.
Historically yes but isn’t that what Sewell and Flowe feast on?
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

OregonFan4Life wrote: Historically yes but isn’t that what Sewell and Flowe feast on?
Not according to 5'8, 4.8 40 Stetson Bennett.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

Arizona/Mississippi State is still going and doesn't look like the Cats are going to pull it off, but overall a good bounceback day for West Coast football. Wazzu beats #19 Wisconsin and BYU beats #9 Baylor. Oregon and Utah had resounding victories over inferior opponents. USC got a solid win, giving the best coast a top 10 team. The Zona schools aren't winning, but aren't embarrassing, so that's good. Oregon State also got a fringe top 25 victory by going down to Fresno and beating FSU.

Colorado should be kicked out and forced to join the Mountain West.
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

StevensTechU wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote: Historically yes but isn’t that what Sewell and Flowe feast on?
His short area quickness is super impressive though.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

StevensTechU wrote:
I’m gonna Calle Georgia just a fluke game where those guys had awful fundamentals as a result of nerves bringing back old bad habits from Deruyter and Mario. Maybe I’m an optimist, I just think Oregon has the talent and as they continue to get better (plus I think Oregon will be more fired up) and they should win with a score of something like 31-17.
alxtw
Five Star Recruit

Post by alxtw »

BYU beat baylor with their two best WRs. If one or both are back against the duck, it will be a huge test for our weak secondary players. (ex Gonzales and benett)
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

greenyellow wrote:Frost may be out of a job soon after Nebraska dropped a game to Clay Helton's Georgia Southern 45-42.