Chargers @ Chiefs

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

OregonFan4Life
All-American

Chargers @ Chiefs

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Chargers looking good, Chiefs just got on the board courtesy of garbage officiating called a phantom penalty on the Chargers after a Mahomes pick, refs can’t let Mahomes throw pick down 0-10. Herbert looking a little nervous but overall playing very well!
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Re: Chargers @ Chiefs

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Herbert with an ugly pick six on 1st and goal inside the 5. That was painful to watch. Not sure what Herbert was thinking there.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

Herbert is down hurt on the field, looks like he landed on the tacklers helmet.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Alan wrote:Herbert is down hurt on the field, looks like he landed on the tacklers helmet.
Should’ve been a penalty but Chiefs are getting serious homecooking.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

Herbert back in after one play
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Herbert is clearly in pain, Chargers lose two starting OLineman to injury and the game completely changed then. If Chargers get healthy I think they will be the better team, but tonight Chiefs have luck on their side.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

OregonFan4Life wrote:Herbert is clearly in pain, Chargers lose two starting OLineman to injury and the game completely changed then. If Chargers get healthy I think they will be the better team, but tonight Chiefs have luck on their side.
Yes, Herbert is in pain on the bench, I think the game is over now.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

I have to question Staley for keeping Herbert in. It’s the second game! Let the Chiefs have this one. One side of me thinks Staley will be a great coach and the other side thinks he’s a Scott Frost type idiot who guesses most of the time and doesn’t know the difference between aggressive and reckless.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

If the entire Chargers team had Herbert’s fight and toughness this would’ve been an easy win for the Chargers.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

OregonFan4Life wrote:If the entire Chargers team had Herbert’s fight and toughness this would’ve been an easy win for the Chargers.
He's also the reason they lost. I blame the OC Lombardi a lot, but he wasn't the one who missed a 3rd down slant or missed the throw in the goal line that went the other way.

That would have been a great team win had a few things gone their way.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Duck07 wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:If the entire Chargers team had Herbert’s fight and toughness this would’ve been an easy win for the Chargers.
He's also the reason they lost. I blame the OC Lombardi a lot, but he wasn't the one who missed a 3rd down slant or missed the throw in the goal line that went the other way.

That would have been a great team win had a few things gone their way.
Yeah no doubt Herbert had a pretty poor night for him, I’ve seen way better from him, felt like outside or Williams he was not in sync with his WR’s at all. But even that pick six the TE Everett gave a really poor effort and it probably should’ve been incomplete if he made any effort for the ball. But the playcalling was the biggest issue for the offense, felt greedy and didn’t just take what KC gave them cause it wasn’t exciting enough. Chargers should’ve been able to complete 5-8 yard passes down the field all game long.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

The intended receiver on the play was gassed and didn't give any effort at all. He tried to come out of the game after the previous play but for some reason no one saw him trying to tap out for the next play. If you watch the replay he pretty much jogged out on the route and didn't run the route correctly and made no effort to separate from the defender. I wouldn't put that all on Herbert. Receiver has to do his job on that play.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

The chiefs first two scores never should’ve happened. Taking away both of those interceptions was absolute robbery. A team can only overcome so much adversity in a game like this, and a 14 point affect by the officials is insurmountable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

nogerO wrote:The intended receiver on the play was gassed and didn't give any effort at all. He tried to come out of the game after the previous play but for some reason no one saw him trying to tap out for the next play. If you watch the replay he pretty much jogged out on the route and didn't run the route correctly and made no effort to separate from the defender. I wouldn't put that all on Herbert. Receiver has to do his job on that play.
That’s a really good observation, I noticed the lack of effort but failed to notice he was trying to sub out. I really didn’t understand the playcall and hurry up, no need to rush, take your time, Chargers we’re outplaying the Chiefs all game long, no need to try a gimmick. That’s why I say it feels like sometimes Staley and Lombardi are just guessing.
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

A running game would help