CMC

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

Duck07
All-American

Re: CMC

Post by Duck07 »

Moorehead is 1-7 currently at Akron and almost dead last in the FPI ratings. At least we'll always have that afternoon in Columbus!
lmduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by lmduck »

Duck07 wrote:Moorehead is 1-7 currently at Akron and almost dead last in the FPI ratings. At least we'll always have that afternoon in Columbus!
Yeah, tough situation for Moorehead. I suspect in due time he either goes back to being an OC or perhaps walking away altogether.

On a separate note, Mario may be forced to make some coaching changes if the downward trend continues at Miami and one of the names that keeps surfacing is Salavea. That one would be hard for Mario but he may not have a choice. The fans have been going off on the defense as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

I’m honestly starting to feel for Mario. That post game rant about guys just needing to try harder was rough… he was running people into the ground here and if he’s already starting it there that program will implode.

bellsduck
Senior
GM: Utah Jazz

Post by bellsduck »

Just got a commitment from #4 2023 prospect so there's always gonna be talent if he ever learns to coach
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

bellsduck wrote:Just got a commitment from #4 2023 prospect so there's always gonna be talent if he ever learns to coach
Looks like that Miami super booster (John Ruiz) outbid everyone, again.
Last edited by gogreen55 on Fri Oct 28, 2022 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lmduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by lmduck »

I can’t help but wonder how many de-commits he will have. Him
throwing his players under the bus won’t go unnoticed

OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Unless Mario learns to coach taking money now to play at Miami is a foolish decision from a long term perspective. In the end NFL money will always be more valuable than NIL deals, but can’t expect a high school to know that especially if he comes from a poor family.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

OregonFan4Life wrote:Unless Mario learns to coach taking money now to play at Miami is a foolish decision from a long term perspective. In the end NFL money will always be more valuable than NIL deals, but can’t expect a high school to know that especially if he comes from a poor family.
There is nothing foolish about a teenager getting paid to play when his HC is a multi-millionaire.

Football is a dangerous, physical game. As we saw with Ifo, a bad injury can ruin your career.

Denigrating his decision on the assumption that he comes from a poor family and that there is something inherently wrong with their ability to make a fiscal decision is not a good look. There are a lot of scummy individuals who come from the tiniest amount of wealth and then act like "class" equals "dignity."
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

If one believes that Cristobal does less with talent than Alabama or Georgia, then the more he steals recruits from those guys, the more it creates parity in the country. So from that angle, I don't hate it. But we need to make sure this applies only to southeast recruits and not allow it to happen with the Jayden Waynes and other west coast recruits after Lanning's staff can build some ties.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

Mario is legitimately one of the best recruiters to ever do it. And I don’t see any reason why a DB wouldn’t want to play for him; he doesn’t work with them directly and their development will come down to who their position coach is. Under Mario we sent some incredible defensive players into the league.

OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Duck07 wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:Unless Mario learns to coach taking money now to play at Miami is a foolish decision from a long term perspective. In the end NFL money will always be more valuable than NIL deals, but can’t expect a high school to know that especially if he comes from a poor family.
There is nothing foolish about a teenager getting paid to play when his HC is a multi-millionaire.

Football is a dangerous, physical game. As we saw with Ifo, a bad injury can ruin your career.

Denigrating his decision on the assumption that he comes from a poor family and that there is something inherently wrong with their ability to make a fiscal decision is not a good look. There are a lot of scummy individuals who come from the tiniest amount of wealth and then act like "class" equals "dignity."
I wasn’t trying to imply poor people can’t make good financial decisions not that he’s from a poor family, moreso if there’s an immediate need it’s more tempting to take the money now. It was a general statement nothing about him specifically. And totally disagree, I’m not saying don’t take any money, but don’t just take the most. Think long term especially with insurance policies. Taking a $3M deal with Bama or Georgia with an insurance policy is smarter to me than a $8M deal with Miami where chances are your talents won’t develop.
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

Vast majority of 4 stars and a good number of 5 stars never make an NFL dime. Taking a boatload of NIL money is a no brainer, besides CMC's coaching did not stop the truly top players from getting to the NFL.
duck92
Two Star Recruit

Post by duck92 »

He sounds like he's happy to be at home. Sarcasm intended
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Miami is so bad. It’s hard to watch them today against Clemson.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

UOducksTK1 wrote:Miami is so bad. It’s hard to watch them today against Clemson.
9 yards of offense at halftime. Just inexcusable offense.