Does Kansas have a legit chance at a decent bowl?

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit

Does Kansas have a legit chance at a decent bowl?

Post by DuckzRule »

I've seen that the Kansas Jayhawks are being pretty decent this season despite yesterday's loss to TCU, and now I'm wondering if they can actually make it to a higher tier bowl than the ones 6-6 teams usually go to.

I think they have a really big chance at beating Oklahoma judging by how horrible the Sooners played against Texas.
squintsdd
Sophomore

Re: Does Kansas have a legit chance at a decent bowl?

Post by squintsdd »

DuckzRule wrote:I've seen that the Kansas Jayhawks are being pretty decent this season despite yesterday's loss to TCU, and now I'm wondering if they can actually make it to a higher tier bowl than the ones 6-6 teams usually go to.

I think they have a really big chance at beating Oklahoma judging by how horrible the Sooners played against Texas.
I wouldn't count on it. Kansas hasn't played anyone, aside from TCU who hasn't really played anyone either. I wouldn't be surprised if Kansas beat Oklahoma and then lost the remainder of their games
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Well the Alamo Bowl would certainly qualify as a higher tier bowl and its vs the P12.

I think they'd have to finish 2nd and right now that looks like a stretch. If they finish 4th they get the Tax Act Texas Bowl and a SEC team which might be the most reasonable finish behind some order of OSU, Texas and TCU.
SuperDuck
Senior

Post by SuperDuck »

From what I understand, they lost their starting QB for the rest of the season. They have an experienced backup who started 9 games last year, but they're a "wait and see" team right now.

The same thing happened with Kentucky. They lost their starting QB against Mississippi, lost that game, and then lost to South Carolina.

Injuries can change everything in an instant. (Knock on wood)
John 3:36
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

SuperDuck wrote:From what I understand, they lost their starting QB for the rest of the season. They have an experienced backup who started 9 games last year, but they're a "wait and see" team right now.

The same thing happened with Kentucky. They lost their starting QB against Mississippi, lost that game, and then lost to South Carolina.

The QB who was injured responded to the report that he's out for the year with "News to me!" The backup can win games, though. He actually has a better arm but is a worse decision-marker. He's started quite a few games between last season at Kansas and previously at North Texas.
SuperDuck
Senior

Post by SuperDuck »

StevensTechU wrote:
SuperDuck wrote:From what I understand, they lost their starting QB for the rest of the season. They have an experienced backup who started 9 games last year, but they're a "wait and see" team right now.

The QB who was injured responded to the report that he's out for the year with "News to me!" The backup can win games, though. He actually has a better arm but is a worse decision-marker. He's started quite a few games between last season at Kansas and previously at North Texas.
That's good news for them. :-)

I just really hate for major injuries to cost a team their season. I hope the kid's back on the field soon.
John 3:36
duck023
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck023 »

I could see them in something like the Pinstripe Bowl.