Game Day

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

nogerO
Senior

Game Day

Post by nogerO »

Lee Corso picking the winner-"Gimme that Duck! Not sure but the coach kind of seems like he may have had a stroke? Haven't really been following him so I don't know if this is confirmed? Gotta love Lee though. Always been mostly one of Oregon's biggest fans. Remember when he danced in the kiddie pool vs Aubarn?
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
Duck07
All-American

Re: Game Day

Post by Duck07 »

Pretty sure this is his final year even though they don't want to say it.

It was certainly a heart-felt moment to see him and The Duck at times and the crowd and fans did another stellar job representing UO. It's also why Game Day loves coming to Eugene because even the East Coast schools don't fill out like that consistently for the early start of 9AM.
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

nogerO wrote:Lee Corso picking the winner-"Gimme that Duck! Not sure but the coach kind of seems like he may have had a stroke? Haven't really been following him so I don't know if this is confirmed? Gotta love Lee though. Always been mostly one of Oregon's biggest fans. Remember when he danced in the kiddie pool vs Aubarn?
He had a stroke months before the season started. He has struggled to formulate sentences since. Here is an excerpt that touches on it...

Less than four months prior to the first College GameDay of the season, Corso suffered a stroke. He had that much time to complete his speech and physical therapy in order to be prepared to appear on camera in September. Herbstreit penned, “He had to teach his facial muscles to work again.” He had to learn new terms and phrases. After the stroke, his brain needed time to recover. This required time.

Corso put in a lot of effort, and in the end, he was on the College GameDay set for the season’s debut show. Since then, the 86-year-old TV icon has been on each programme. Herbstreit writes, “It was a sombre moment, and ever since I’ve tried not to think about it.” “I’m going to stick with him through this as long as I can.”
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

gogreen55 wrote:
nogerO wrote:Lee Corso picking the winner-"Gimme that Duck! Not sure but the coach kind of seems like he may have had a stroke? Haven't really been following him so I don't know if this is confirmed? Gotta love Lee though. Always been mostly one of Oregon's biggest fans. Remember when he danced in the kiddie pool vs Aubarn?
He had a stroke months before the season started. He has struggled to formulate sentences since. Here is an excerpt that touches on it...

Less than four months prior to the first College GameDay of the season, Corso suffered a stroke. He had that much time to complete his speech and physical therapy in order to be prepared to appear on camera in September. Herbstreit penned, “He had to teach his facial muscles to work again.” He had to learn new terms and phrases. After the stroke, his brain needed time to recover. This required time.

Corso put in a lot of effort, and in the end, he was on the College GameDay set for the season’s debut show. Since then, the 86-year-old TV icon has been on each programme. Herbstreit writes, “It was a sombre moment, and ever since I’ve tried not to think about it.” “I’m going to stick with him through this as long as I can.”
Should be noted that stroke happened in 2009, not this year. He did just get back from illness earlier in the season and last week was his first game back.