DJ to the Beavs?

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

Everythingsducky
Senior

DJ to the Beavs?

Post by Everythingsducky »

ESPN reporting DJ Uiagalelei is headed to Corvallis. Good for them if true. Wonder if UO didn’t even take a sniff, especially given that his bro will be a Duck. Remember when we all got our collective panties in a wad when he ended up choosing Clemson.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Re: DJ to the Beavs?

Post by karlhungis »

Beavs with a legit QB is frightening.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

karlhungis wrote:Beavs with a legit QB is frightening.

When has he been legit? Some 5* are overrated which certainly seems to the case with DJ.
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

Maybe he will blossom there. Maybe. He was average at best for Clemson. I am glad we did not take him.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

buckmarkduck wrote:
karlhungis wrote:Beavs with a legit QB is frightening.

When has he been legit? Some 5* are overrated which certainly seems to the case with DJ.
I look at this as a great test to see how well Smith can develop QBs. If he can help boost his completion % by fixing some of his mechanics he could start picking up better QBs with more frequency.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

It is an upgrade for the Beavs, but nothing to worry about unless Smith can work some magic, he reminds me a little of A. Brown, a little spark of good things mixed in with blunders.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

It's a change. I don't know if it's an upgrade when compared to Chance Nolan. DJU definitely has more talent but it hasn't been cultivated yet.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

Nobody should underestimate what Jonathan Smith will do with this QB transfer. Oregon State is going to be a problem next season.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

pezsez1 wrote:Nobody should underestimate what Jonathan Smith will do with this QB transfer. Oregon State is going to be a problem next season.
Which transfer impressed you more, Chance Nolan or Tristan Gebbia?

I kid. As I said above, DJU has more physical talent than either of those guys. But I just don't know what Smith has done in his career, especially ay OSU, to earn a reputation as a QB whisperer.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

There’s no bigger believers in Smith and the beavers than duck fans ha. I imagine DJ U will be a good addition but people forget that the beavers recent success has everything to do with Trent Bray’s move to DC.

What I’m most interested in is seeing what Smith is once Bray gets a HC job somewhere; in 5 years Smith hasn’t produced an impressive offense. Fielding a quality defense at a school like OSU is a much more difficult task than fielding a quality offense.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:There’s no bigger believers in Smith and the beavers than duck fans ha. I imagine DJ U will be a good addition but people forget that the beavers recent success has everything to do with Trent Bray’s move to DC.

What I’m most interested in is seeing what Smith is once Bray gets a HC job somewhere; in 5 years Smith hasn’t produced an impressive offense. Fielding a quality defense at a school like OSU is a much more difficult task than fielding a quality offense.
When we talk about the TV $ the SEC and B1G have, this is where it will have the most immediate impact: luring Ast Coaches away by being able to offer 5-10x their yearly salary. Loyalty and a desire to stay in a place you like will be put to a hard test when those offers show up.

We've shown we can handle Coaches leaving on a regular basis, that will be the next hurdle for the beavs and poodles as they see more consistency from winning in their programs too.