The natty between Georgia and TCU

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

dthomas=ddixon

Re: The natty between Georgia and TCU

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

droop10 wrote:
dthomas=ddixon wrote:
Duck07 wrote:Michigan had one of the most garbage OOC's schedules in recent memory too. Screw rewarding them for that garbage and it isn't like they were scheduling teams that historically were good a few years ago, its the opposite: they were bad when they scheduled them.
100%. If I was Czar of CFB I would’ve barred both tOSU and Michigan from the CFP for not operating in good faith. Their schedules were a joke and, like you said, intentionally scheduled.
As much as I dislike Ohio St., how did they operate in bad faith? I think the B1G generally gets too much credit, when really it's just 2-3 teams a year that are actually really good teams, but they scheduled Notre Dame in the non-conference. On paper, that's a tough game, even if it turned out that ND had a down year by their standards. Michigan, on the other hand, absolutely played nobody, but I also don't know the history of their scheduling. It's possible they had to fill in gaps if other teams bailed. Their out of conference was atrocious, but reminds me of the Ducks in 2018, when they had to play Bowling Green, Portland St. and San Jose St. OOC, because a team bailed (can't remember if that year would have been a Georgia or A&M game), and they had to fill a spot last minute.

Either way, I'll be happy with the expanded playoffs, because the importance of OOC games will be minimized a bit, as well as subjective opinions of conference strength. Sure, there will still be some of that with at large bids, but at least every team will have a chance to say they had the opportunity to control their destiny by winning the conference.
This is why I’ll never be Czar of CFB. You’re totally right, tOSU even scheduled the mighty Oregon Ducks last year ha.