Can’t stand him
60%

Total votes: 30
nogerO
Senior

Stephen A Smith

Post by nogerO »

What do you think?
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Re: Stephen A Smith

Post by karlhungis »

He is an actor who plays a role. He is playing the same role as Skip, Max Kellerman and all of the other hot take artists. His whole job is to trigger debates like this and by that measure, he is pretty good at his job. Personally, I can't stand the hot take aspect of sports but outrage is profitable, so it isn't going anywhere.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

karlhungis wrote:He is an actor who plays a role. He is playing the same role as Skip, Max Kellerman and all of the other hot take artists. His whole job is to trigger debates like this and by that measure, he is pretty good at his job. Personally, I can't stand the hot take aspect of sports but outrage is profitable, so it isn't going anywhere.
Totally agree, I have friends that follow people on twitter that they hate, like Skip Bayless and Aaron Fentress, they send me their tweets to show how annoying they are and in reality doing that only encourages and gives them a career. These guys are just trolls who only care about making money.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

Acho is the newest one. Literally hitched his entire career to hating Herbert and it’s worked to perfection. His popularity has exploded and he trends any time Herbert does anything. These guys would disappear overnight if people stopped falling for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

karlhungis wrote:He is an actor who plays a role. He is playing the same role as Skip, Max Kellerman and all of the other hot take artists. His whole job is to trigger debates like this and by that measure, he is pretty good at his job. Personally, I can't stand the hot take aspect of sports but outrage is profitable, so it isn't going anywhere.

Agree, I have heard, I believe on the Conzano show, he is a normal nice guy off air and it is all an act when the mic is on. A lot of shows or networks have their villains. It is just an act but I still dislike his character.
RebelDuck
Three Star Recruit

Post by RebelDuck »

Too bad you can’t select more than one option…
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:Acho is the newest one. Literally hitched his entire career to hating Herbert and it’s worked to perfection. His popularity has exploded and he trends any time Herbert does anything. These guys would disappear overnight if people stopped falling for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pretty sure he just hates Oregon in general. Seems like he takes any opportunity he can to hate on Oregon and Herbert.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Best advice is to just not interact with those that are doing nothing but clickbaity stuff.
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

I haven't spent a minute watching any of these clowns for years now.
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

gogreen55 wrote:I haven't spent a minute watching any of these clowns for years now.
After ESPN had it's big purge, I've essentially stopped watching any and all sports shows. It's either vanilla boring commentators or these hyperbolic windbags.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

Stephen A is pure theater. When I want sports drama, I pull him up on YouTube. Most of the time, though, I can't stand him. Too much yelling. And, to make things worse, after kicking Max off of his show he brought in more guys who just stand around and yell. It's just... too much.

If I could add an option to the poll, it would be "uncloseted sexist." It's painful watching him interact with Molly. Not that I think she's the world's best moderator, but sometimes I really feel sorry for her.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Post by dd10snoop28 »

He used to be hilarious until he got bought-out by the corporate media are started pulling the lazy race card whenever possible.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

So to summarize, he’s an irritating closet racist that people can’t stand.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine