Bear Alexander to SC

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

Everythingsducky
Senior

Bear Alexander to SC

Post by Everythingsducky »

Super funny he states Lincoln Riley as the reason to move from National Champ Georgia to SC. Since when has Riley been known for defense? Evidently SC pays more than Georgia, but it also seems like he was going to be a situational player, not an every down guy, like this year. Being that he was probably recruited by Lanning while at Georgia makes it seem a money grab. Riley is a joke on the defensive side of the ball. https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... -alexander.
droop10
Five Star Recruit

Re: Bear Alexander to SC

Post by droop10 »

Everythingsducky wrote:Super funny he states Lincoln Riley as the reason to move from National Champ Georgia to SC. Since when has Riley been known for defense? Evidently SC pays more than Georgia, but it also seems like he was going to be a situational player, not an every down guy, like this year. Being that he was probably recruited by Lanning while at Georgia makes it seem a money grab. Riley is a joke on the defensive side of the ball. https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... -alexander.
100% a money grab, as it was already known he was going to SC before he entered the portal officially. Just another blatant case of tampering by them. Reading a bit of commentary on him, sounds like he’s not the most motivated guy in practice, so there’s a decent chance he doesn’t live up to his potential. He also transferred 4 times in high school, and it has felt like history has shown kids that do that will likely do so a couple times in college too.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Georgia fans say they won't miss him FWIW

Said he would get in fights at practice and have to be babied by coaches constantly and then recently apparently took a trip to Mexico without telling any players or coaches and supposedly his teammates voted to kick him off the team according to Georgia folks

I'd have gladly taken him from a talent perspective but there is a bit more underneath the surface and supposedly Dan thought he was too big of a risk to take on.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

UGA coaches didn’t like him
TheDrake
Two Star Recruit

Post by TheDrake »

Has Dillon Brooks been poking this bear too? ;)
lmduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by lmduck »

lukeyrid13 wrote:Georgia fans say they won't miss him FWIW

Said he would get in fights at practice and have to be babied by coaches constantly and then recently apparently took a trip to Mexico without telling any players or coaches and supposedly his teammates voted to kick him off the team according to Georgia folks

I'd have gladly taken him from a talent perspective but there is a bit more underneath the surface and supposedly Dan thought he was too big of a risk to take on.
Late to this party, but don't think Dan even pursued him if I recall correctly.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

I live in Georgia and I've heard some pretty connected people tell me that dude was a cancer on the team and NOBODY liked him. Second hand info, I know...
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
lmduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by lmduck »

nogerO wrote:I live in Georgia and I've heard some pretty connected people tell me that dude was a cancer on the team and NOBODY liked him. Second hand info, I know...
Perfect for SC then![WINKING FACE]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

nogerO wrote:I live in Georgia and I've heard some pretty connected people tell me that dude was a cancer on the team and NOBODY liked him. Second hand info, I know...

Same stuff they basically told scouts about Carter also. Doesn’t sound like they got along well with the DL last year.