Cameron Colvin in Legal Trouble

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Cameron Colvin in Legal Trouble

Post by StevensTechU »

Local Arizona journalist published a piece that states that former Ducks WR Cam Colvin owes about $8 million to various parties, including business partners, acquaintances, and former employees.

https://www.abc15.com/news/local-news/i ... %20dealing.

Admittedly, I've been perplexed at what Colvin actually does and this doesn't quite come as a shock. On social media, he projects "successful business person" but with few or no details, which I've always found odd.
Everythingsducky
Senior

Re: Cameron Colvin in Legal Trouble

Post by Everythingsducky »

Too bad. Read a flattering article about him a couple of years ago. Guess the 'get rich using other peoples money' didn't work out for him. Sounds Ponzi/Pyramid'ish.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

StevensTechU wrote:Local Arizona journalist published a piece that states that former Ducks WR Cam Colvin owes about $8 million to various parties, including business partners, acquaintances, and former employees.

https://www.abc15.com/news/local-news/i ... %20dealing.

Admittedly, I've been perplexed at what Colvin actually does and this doesn't quite come as a shock. On social media, he projects "successful business person" but with few or no details, which I've always found odd.
He always seemed on the up and up but I've certainly been questioning whether he was as a successful as he claimed the last few years.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

greenyellow wrote: He always seemed on the up and up but I've certainly been questioning whether he was as a successful as he claimed the last few years.
When he was hawking a book and had a podcast, I'd look at the number of views/listens there have been for his stuff and it was always a super, super small number. Like, guy-in-his-basement small. So it always seemed strange.

No shame in swinging for the fences. Just typically need to have something to bring to the table, and it didn't really seem like he'd built any expertise in the areas he was trying to do business in, namely real estate.
spacefrog13x
Three Star Recruit

Post by spacefrog13x »

knew him in college, not surprising.