1997 Preseason

You can talk about all sim related stuff here.

Moderators: UOducksTK1, Zyme, lukeyrid13, Oregon Ownage

Oregon Ownage
All-American
GM: Dallas Mavericks

1997 Preseason

Post by Oregon Ownage »

Cellar-door
Senior
GM: Charlotte Hornets

Re: 1997 Preseason

Post by Cellar-door »

Eddie Jones breakout?

rounded line 25/7/2 (2STL) on .471/.739/.390 shooting.
Hornets GM
jibbajabba614
Senior
GM: Milwaukee Bucks GM

Post by jibbajabba614 »

Love me some Digga Boo!
JB
Three Star Recruit

Post by JB »

Ultra small sample size of course, but earned the 2 seed at 6-3. Starting our rookie second round pick but getting nearly 3 BPG from him.

We still must have the worst frontcourt in the league of any team that isn't an outright tanker. Ackles and Haskin dipping out after Day 2 was a rough turn of events.

It looks like we may become buyers if the right opportunity is there. If you have ideas on how to bolster our frontcourt through trades involving our picks, please reach out.

Kidd and Spree both top 10 in scoring. I always love building around a terrific backcourt. Huge TC for Spree. Things looking up a bit, but definitely not getting too excited over a 9 game sample.

Edit: As I dig deeper, it looks like we have a really nice recipe for success with Kidd and Spree. Top 10 in scoring and top 10 in steals for both guys. Obviously that will fluctuate a lot but they definitely look like a great 2 way guard combo. Kidd efficiency was absolutely unholy as well. Impossible to keep up, but wow. 53% FG and 53% from 3 in pre is very nice.
Kings
offtheheezy
Senior
GM: Vancouver Grizzlies

Post by offtheheezy »

LMAO Croshere hot garbage ruptured his achilles in preseason too
pistolpetejr
Senior
GM: Los Angeles Clippers

Post by pistolpetejr »

My two big takeaways in preseason:

Erik Meek - 10rpg, 2spg, over 3bpg in just under 34mpg
Robert Churchwell - 20ppg on great percentages, 2.1spg and very low turnovers. I knew he was gonna pan out.
---

PistolPeteJR
Cellar-door
Senior
GM: Charlotte Hornets

Post by Cellar-door »

JB wrote:Ultra small sample size of course, but earned the 2 seed at 6-3. Starting our rookie second round pick but getting nearly 3 BPG from him.

We still must have the worst frontcourt in the league of any team that isn't an outright tanker. Ackles and Haskin dipping out after Day 2 was a rough turn of events.

It looks like we may become buyers if the right opportunity is there. If you have ideas on how to bolster our frontcourt through trades involving our picks, please reach out.

Kidd and Spree both top 10 in scoring. I always love building around a terrific backcourt. Huge TC for Spree. Things looking up a bit, but definitely not getting too excited over a 9 game sample.

Edit: As I dig deeper, it looks like we have a really nice recipe for success with Kidd and Spree. Top 10 in scoring and top 10 in steals for both guys. Obviously that will fluctuate a lot but they definitely look like a great 2 way guard combo. Kidd efficiency was absolutely unholy as well. Impossible to keep up, but wow. 53% FG and 53% from 3 in pre is very nice.
Definitely look good. One thing I would caution when looking at preseason go look at the rosters. A lot of teams use pre-season to figure out which bench guys work best and bench their stars (for example I took all 4 of my returning starters out of the rotation, 3 on IR, one to the bench) so the teams who play their stars do really well.
Hornets GM
pistolpetejr
Senior

Post by pistolpetejr »

Cellar-door wrote:
JB wrote:Ultra small sample size of course, but earned the 2 seed at 6-3. Starting our rookie second round pick but getting nearly 3 BPG from him.

Definitely look good. One thing I would caution when looking at preseason go look at the rosters. A lot of teams use pre-season to figure out which bench guys work best and bench their stars (for example I took all 4 of my returning starters out of the rotation, 3 on IR, one to the bench) so the teams who play their stars do really well.
+1 here. Most teams do this for sure in this league. Just after having looked quickly earlier, I know I did, and then other teams that have winning players as well such as Mavs, Bucks, Rockets, Spurs, etc.
---

PistolPeteJR
duckyoubeavers
Sophomore
GM: Toronto Raptors GM

Post by duckyoubeavers »

imagine thinking i could actually compete this year :lol:
Raptors GM
the goat
Freshman
GM: Los Angeles Lakers

Post by the goat »

yeesh
Lakers GM
Oregon Ownage
All-American
GM: Dallas Mavericks

Post by Oregon Ownage »

That defense in preseason

87.1 PaPG

Hopefully that can continue into the regular season

By having Jackson as the only scorer, he went crazy and shot great percentages
JB
Three Star Recruit

Post by JB »

Cellar-door wrote:

Nah I know. We also only played 9 games.
Kings
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Kelvin Cato didn’t play so hot as we expected after that TC
800wins
Three Star Recruit

Post by 800wins »

Absurd 17.2 RPG & 5.6 BPG from Schintzius
pistolpetejr
Senior

Post by pistolpetejr »

Just took a quick look at my first 10 days of the RS: 9 games, including 6 road games. Days 1-5 are all road games LOL.
---

PistolPeteJR