Questions Thread

You can talk about all sim related stuff here.

Moderators: UOducksTK1, Zyme, lukeyrid13, Oregon Ownage

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Questions Thread

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Post em here.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
rpmunn
Four Star Recruit
GM: Washington Bullets

Re: Questions Thread

Post by rpmunn »

I thought I remembered seeing something about a training camp before this first season, so players levels could go up or down. Does this happen before the first sim? Has it already happened, and none of my players changed? Thanks.
dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Post by dd10snoop28 »

There will be no training camp for the first season, but it usually happens after free agency period and before the season.
Zyme
All Pac-12
GM: New York Knicks GM

Post by Zyme »

what is the MLE going to be and will there be an in-season MLE for those taht didn't use it in the off season.
DASL1 Rings: '93, '94

K's HOF:
Mark "Wholly Mammoth" Eaton | Retired 2002, age 44: 24 min/8pts/8reb/1stl/2.5 blks/1 TO
Michael "Sweet Home" Ansley | Retired 2007, age 42: 33 min/16pts/8 reb/1.5stl/.5 blks/.5 TO Lifetime .550 shooting %
Gheorghe "Ghiţă (Ghitza, Little George)" Mureșan | Retired 2008, age 36: 35Min/16.2pt/12.2reb/2.1ast/1.6stl/2.9blk/1.3TO (.461/.715/.000)
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Zyme wrote:what is the MLE going to be and will there be an in-season MLE for those taht didn't use it in the off season.
MLE 4.5
LLE 1.2

Only cuz I dont want to edit stuff. I know with a lower salary cap that might be a tad high, but oh well.

I'm down for in-season MLE. Just not this year obviously.

303DucksFan
Four Star Recruit

Post by 303DucksFan »

How do free agent signings work and re signing players?
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

How can I limit my team's fouling? My opponents are leading the league in FTs per game.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

303DucksFan wrote:How do free agent signings work and re signing players?
After the season is over and the draft has passed, FBB will give me a list of guys who want to resign with their teams.

All teams will get a chance to resign those guys to the contract they've asked for.

If you say yes, they are resigned to your team. If you say no, they enter the free agency market.

Once in the free agency market, anyone can offer them. BUT if you have bird years, you can offer a little more than everyone else (see rules thread).

That's the simple explanation.

303DucksFan
Four Star Recruit

Post by 303DucksFan »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
After the season is over and the draft has passed, FBB will give me a list of guys who want to resign with their teams.

All teams will get a chance to resign those guys to the contract they've asked for.

If you say yes, they are resigned to your team. If you say no, they enter the free agency market.

Once in the free agency market, anyone can offer them. BUT if you have bird years, you can offer a little more than everyone else (see rules thread).

Gotcha. So its random as far as where the player ends up?
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Phenom wrote:How can I limit my team's fouling? My opponents are leading the league in FTs per game.
You don't have much interior defense. You're 6th last in BPG. So I think that's part of the reason.

Also messing around with pace/trap/press/focus could help a bit. I've never really mastered those areas, so maybe someone else could give some insight.

Also you are playing Roy Hinson at SG, and that's very out of position for him. So basically your 4 starters have B-, B+, C, and probably C+ defense. Not good for interior, especially when none of those guys can block over 1.0.

And might not be related, but you're rebounding is terrible too. IMO getting a A- defense B rebounding PF/C would be helpful.

dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

My team is first in the league in steals and 3rd in blocks, almost all my players have a high defensive rating, but I'm last in rebounding. Even with the good defensive statistics I'm 8th to last in PPG. So I'm 2-8... does rebounding have that big of an impact?
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

303DucksFan wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:

Gotcha. So its random as far as where the player ends up?
In Free Agency, generally players will take more money, so the team with bird years (since he can offer more) will land that player.

However if everyone is offering the same amount, then that's where it's a little more random. Yes. Greed / Loyalty / forgot the 3rd thing might have an impact, but I don't think it does that much.

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:My team is first in the league in steals and 3rd in blocks, almost all my players have a high defensive rating, but I'm last in rebounding. Even with the good defensive statistics I'm 8th to last in PPG. So I'm 2-8... does rebounding have that big of an impact?
You're team can't score because you have no scorers. You have 4 scoring (inside and outside) categories with B- or higher. That might be the worst in the league. And you're bad at rebounding because your starting PF has C rebounding and SF has C- rebounding. Sure the good defense helps, but if you don't have anyone who can score, then it won't help your offense.

Everything matters in the end, but there's little things that FBB favors then others. For example, having good shot blockers is a big boost for trying to have a well rounded team.

dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
dthomas=ddixon wrote:My team is first in the league in steals and 3rd in blocks, almost all my players have a high defensive rating, but I'm last in rebounding. Even with the good defensive statistics I'm 8th to last in PPG. So I'm 2-8... does rebounding have that big of an impact?
You're team can't score because you have no scorers. You have 4 scoring (inside and outside) categories with B- or higher. That might be the worst in the league. And you're bad at rebounding because your starting PF has C rebounding and SF has C- rebounding. Sure the good defense helps, but if you don't have anyone who can score, then it won't help your offense.

Everything matters in the end, but there's little things that FBB favors then others. For example, having good shot blockers is a big boost for trying to have a well rounded team.
Yeah I'm definitely not a very good offensive team. I should have clarified better though, I was wondering about my defensive PPG and why it was so bad even with good defensive statistics and individual player ratings.
gregspechtismyhero
Freshman

Post by gregspechtismyhero »

Is there a set sim schedule? Or is it just going to be whenever you get off work
In Helfrich, Frost, and Allioti we trust
Image (USA Today Sports)
AIM: hockeygoalie923