GM: Minnesota Timberwolves GM

Minnesota Timberwolves - Vancouver Grizzlies

Post by The Bean Regime »

Minnesota sends:
Michael Stewart
'00 Minnesota 2nd rounder

Vancouver sends:
Glenn Robinson

Accept. Didn't have a max in FA (post 1st-rounder) so take on a great 2-way guy in GRob that'll get a bigger role here as I continue the tank.
offtheheezy
Senior
GM: Vancouver Grizzlies

Re: Minnesota Timberwolves - Vancouver Grizzlies

Post by offtheheezy »

Yeah, got under hard cap and preferred Armstrong over Glenn. Hope Marion can improve a little to take his spot.
jibbajabba614
Senior
GM: Milwaukee Bucks GM

Post by jibbajabba614 »

Twolves win. Given Grizzlies cap situation, I think he made a smart move.
offtheheezy
Senior
GM: Vancouver Grizzlies

Post by offtheheezy »

jibbajabba614 wrote:Twolves win. Given Grizzlies cap situation, I think he made a smart move.
Pretty much knew I had to give up one of these guys for peanuts, wish he stayed healthy during playoffs this year was probably my best chance :lol:
dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Post by dd10snoop28 »

jibbajabba614 wrote:Twolves win. Given Grizzlies cap situation, I think he made a smart move.
Definitely the right move for Grizz, and decent for Wolves since they end up getting some value for Grob

However, Grob is only ever going to be at best a 3rd option on a contending team, which means that you are likely to have 2 players that are better than him with similar contracts (i.e. max)... which is not ideal. And since the vast majority of contenders are already close to the hardcap already, I think that Grob's contract basically nullifies his production, which means he has no net value.

All that to say, having players on good contracts has suddenly become an extremely desirable assets, whereas the players like Grob are going to be very hard to move.
jibbajabba614
Senior
GM: Milwaukee Bucks GM

Post by jibbajabba614 »

dd10snoop28 wrote:
Definitely the right move for Grizz, and decent for Wolves since they end up getting some value for Grob

However, Grob is only ever going to be at best a 3rd option on a contending team, which means that you are likely to have 2 players that are better than him with similar contracts (i.e. max)... which is not ideal. And since the vast majority of contenders are already close to the hardcap already, I think that Grob's contract basically nullifies his production, which means he has no net value.

All that to say, having players on good contracts has suddenly become an extremely desirable assets, whereas the players like Grob are going to be very hard to move.
True. If big dog was able to play SG, I think he would tear apart the league with his rebounding skills. Which makes 2.0 harder and trying to manage cap is more difficult. Which I think makes a more competitive league
Oregon Ownage
All-American
GM: Dallas Mavericks

Post by Oregon Ownage »

Done