Clippers - Rockets

Post Completed Trades Here

Moderators: UOducksTK1, Zyme, lukeyrid13, Oregon Ownage

pistolpetejr
Senior
GM: Los Angeles Clippers

Re: Clippers - Rockets

Post by pistolpetejr »

Most of y’all are making good points here. The common thread is obviously “how do we amplify interest again in order to encourage competition”, as it’s the lack of competition that has dissuaded activity, both from active GMs making moves to compete as well as just league activity in general.

In other words, what changed that got us here?

TK and Oregon, I’m especially looking for input from you two, as you two were (in TK’s case) and are commish of the league and probably have a better idea, especially if you put both your heads together.
---

PistolPeteJR
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Rating inflation is generally one of the bigger reasons for inactivity.

I'm last place, but my 5 best players are:
Jahsemar Olembe C 26 7'0'' 282 B D D+ A- A- B
253 Earl Davis Jr PF 23 6'11'' 265 A- C- C B+ B- A
238 Nas Be Amon PF 25 6'10'' 223 B C D+ A- A- C
471 Dezman Briscoe SF 23 6'11'' 319 B B- C- A- B- B
597 Christopher Hagan PG 25 6'2'' 192 C B+ A- A D+ B

If this was the first season of DASL, that team would be a top 5 seed.

Rating inflation is the hardest thing to control, and we've actually done a VERY good job of this compared to most leagues. But the last 5-10 seasons have made trading harder, because no one values veteran talent. They either sit and die on bad teams, or they get traded to good teams for close to nothing.

Also half the GMs in this league are just not active period. Whether this was the most well run sim league in the world or not. So whenever we get to the point of a restart, we need to be selective as to who we let join. And really try to get the cream of the crop GMs that show activity and skill.

Sim pace is perfect, draft classes + notes are great, rewards here and there are also a bonus. Aka Ownage is doing a really good job. I do admit that a restart is something we should probably start considering just because of how many opens spots we've had for the last couple seasons. It's never good when you have more than like 2 spots open at a time. And we've had like 4-6 spots open a for a few seasons now.

My 2 cents.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
pistolpetejr
Senior

Post by pistolpetejr »

I definitely agree that inflation is a factor and that Oregon’s done a great job. The pace of the league is very good for most of us.

From past leagues I’ve been in though, the pace could be troublesome to some new GMs here. Usually, a significant portion of GMs like quicker pace. I don’t have any complaints though honestly.

I definitely think a restart needs to be considered at this point because I think it’s due, primarily due to inflation. It’s truly amazing that we managed to avoid that problem for something like 35-ish sim seasons. I’ve never seen a league do that. Big props to Zyme, jabba, and others that have contributed to that.
---

PistolPeteJR
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

pistolpetejr wrote:I definitely agree that inflation is a factor and that Oregon’s done a great job. The pace of the league is very good for most of us.

From past leagues I’ve been in though, the pace could be troublesome to some new GMs here. Usually, a significant portion of GMs like quicker pace. I don’t have any complaints though honestly.

I definitely think a restart needs to be considered at this point because I think it’s due, primarily due to inflation. It’s truly amazing that we managed to avoid that problem for something like 35-ish sim seasons. I’ve never seen a league do that. Big props to Zyme, jabba, and others that have contributed to that.
Yeah I've only been in about 5-10 different leagues that have hit about 35 sim seasons, out of probably like 1,000 that I've been a part of or observed. It's rare. So definite props.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Oregon Ownage
All-American
GM: Dallas Mavericks

Post by Oregon Ownage »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
Also half the GMs in this league are just not active period. Whether this was the most well run sim league in the world or not. So whenever we get to the point of a restart, we need to be selective as to who we let join. And really try to get the cream of the crop GMs that show activity and skill.
This was going to be my first point. With the amount of "league" owned teams and the rule that a league owned team cant deal firsts really hampers a free trading market when you have a handful of teams who can only make minor moves to improve. Having a real GM controls a team opens up the possibilities and allows for more freedom to build.

I like having new GM's come on board but there is a bedding in process that has to take place and when there is constant turnover it stagnates activity.
UOducksTK1 wrote:Also half the GMs in this league are just not active period. Whether this was the most well run sim league in the world or not.
This is another huge issue. Everyone has a different schedule so replying back to engage talks is sometimes difficult but dam I love it when I send a message and somebody responds back in a fair amount of time. I never understand just ignoring a message and not replying. That is unacceptable, rude and frankly, should be a removal offence if there is a pattern. You only hurt yourself by doing this.
pistolpetejr
Senior

Post by pistolpetejr »

Oregon Ownage wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:
This was going to be my first point. With the amount of "league" owned teams and the rule that a league owned team cant deal firsts really hampers a free trading market when you have a handful of teams who can only make minor moves to improve. Having a real GM controls a team opens up the possibilities and allows for more freedom to build.

I like having new GM's come on board but there is a bedding in process that has to take place and when there is constant turnover it stagnates activity.
UOducksTK1 wrote:Also half the GMs in this league are just not active period. Whether this was the most well run sim league in the world or not.
This is another huge issue. Everyone has a different schedule so replying back to engage talks is sometimes difficult but dam I love it when I send a message and somebody responds back in a fair amount of time. I never understand just ignoring a message and not replying. That is unacceptable, rude and frankly, should be a removal offence if there is a pattern. You only hurt yourself by doing this.
Amen to bold.
---

PistolPeteJR