duck023 has been banned

Here you can find announcements or post suggestions / questions regarding Chat 4 Quacks

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

duck023 has been banned

Post by UOducksTK1 »

He's a negative impact to the board to a significant level. If he kept it in one thread, we could live with it, but it's everywhere.

I'm open to reinstating him, but that's up to him to talk to me and come up with a plan to be a positive impact as a poster moving forward.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Alan
Senior

Re: duck023 has been banned

Post by Alan »

I am not going to bash him and hope members are not too harsh on him, I could see a ban coming if he did not change, he certainly was warned enough to tone things down. My mental impression of him is a youngster, maybe high school or early college who engages his fingers before he puts his brain in gear. I hope he uses this as a life lesson experience.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

UOducksTK1 wrote:He's a negative impact to the board to a significant level. If he kept it in one thread, we could live with it, but it's everywhere.

I'm open to reinstating him, but that's up to him to talk to me and come up with a plan to be a positive impact as a poster moving forward.
As I recall from my initial dialogue with him, he was borderline troll-ish from the get-go.

I understand being frustrated during games and losses, but there was a level of Schadenfreude with all of it and I've gotten really sick of that level of internet $hit-posting lately.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

Thanks, TK. I never felt like he was posting in good faith but he was at least tolerable until recently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Yeah it's tough because I think he does want to be here and post, but he has been banned for a short period time before too actually, so like Alan mentioned, he's been warned by members and by me.

And it didn't matter. Anyway just wanted you all to be aware so you understood why he disappeared.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

It was the right move.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

Slippery slope this banning stuff. As long as it because someone is trying to piss off everybody, I guess that's ok. But if we start thinking about banning people because they have a different opinion from the herd, that's another story...
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

nogerO wrote:Slippery slope this banning stuff. As long as it because someone is trying to piss off everybody, I guess that's ok. But if we start thinking about banning people because they have a different opinion from the herd, that's another story...
Oh please… This is a private forum not the public square. And there hasn’t been a single poster banned for “different opinions” anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
duck023
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck023 »

I never read this thing. I'm not trying to make anyone on this forum upset so I'm sorry if I did. Understand that when the Ducks lose especially in the fashion it does take a toll on my mental health. I really do care about the Ducks.
duck023
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck023 »

You guys have to understand that I argue on behalf of the Ducks all the time to other fan bases. It gets a little frustrating that they always prove the fans that hate the Ducks right and me wrong.