Hey Guys!

Here you can find announcements or post suggestions / questions regarding Chat 4 Quacks

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

jayb
High School Drop Out

Hey Guys!

Post by jayb »

Hey guys! I'm an LSU fan who is looking forward to this season's matchup! A little background info on me: I'm 26 years old, born and raised in South Louisiana. Ever watch Swamp People on the History channel? Well my grandfather is good friends with Troy Landry, and I know his sons. Good, hardworking people! I also spent 2.5 weeks in Oregon this past winter (a few days in Portland, the rest in Eugene.) I really fell in love with the place. It really reminded me a lot of where I am from. I'm a longtime fan of Steve Prefontaine and I made sure to stop by Pre's Rock (and also Coos Bay.) However, the crowning moment of my trip to the Great Northwest was when I got to visit Hayward Field. I actually spoke to a maintenance guy, and he let me onto the track for a bit. That was quite an experience. My least favorite moment was when I begged my hosts to bring me to a Ducks baseball game (I'm a HUGE college baseball fan!) It wasn't the facilities, or the fact that Oregon lost that made it my least favorite, it was the weather! It was in the 20s!!! But it was opening day at PK Park and I really did enjoy the experience. And yes, we stayed the entire game to see the fireworks!
duck55
Senior

Re: Hey Guys!

Post by duck55 »

jayb wrote:Hey guys! I'm an LSU fan who is looking forward to this season's matchup! A little background info on me: I'm 26 years old, born and raised in South Louisiana. Ever watch Swamp People on the History channel? Well my grandfather is good friends with Troy Landry, and I know his sons. Good, hardworking people! I also spent 2.5 weeks in Oregon this past winter (a few days in Portland, the rest in Eugene.) I really fell in love with the place. It really reminded me a lot of where I am from. I'm a longtime fan of Steve Prefontaine and I made sure to stop by Pre's Rock (and also Coos Bay.) However, the crowning moment of my trip to the Great Northwest was when I got to visit Hayward Field. I actually spoke to a maintenance guy, and he let me onto the track for a bit. That was quite an experience. My least favorite moment was when I begged my hosts to bring me to a Ducks baseball game (I'm a HUGE college baseball fan!) It wasn't the facilities, or the fact that Oregon lost that made it my least favorite, it was the weather! It was in the 20s!!! But it was opening day at PK Park and I really did enjoy the experience. And yes, we stayed the entire game to see the fireworks!
That cold means it was a great day - not raining. Welcome to the site.
jayb
High School Drop Out

Post by jayb »

Yeah, thanks! The weather wasn't too bad when i visited. We traveled the coast and i have some amazing pics of the sun setting, poking through the clouds. You guys definitely have a beautiful state! I even bought a kayak to use in the bayous after I went on a kayaking trip up there. Even visited an old President of UO. Lots of respect for your school as a whole.
TheMaehlMan
Junior

Post by TheMaehlMan »

Welcome jayb! I'm looking forward to talking football with you and other LSU fans, and I'm glad you enjoyed your trip to Oregon.

Going to miss the Maehl Man
AJ_U
Three Star Recruit

Post by AJ_U »

Welcome to the forum! glad to see some of you LSU guys coming over!
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Welcome to Ducks Attack!

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13