Pictures

Here you can find announcements or post suggestions / questions regarding Chat 4 Quacks

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

nattybumpo
High School Drop Out

Pictures

Post by nattybumpo »

I know I will get a bunch of crap for this post, but I think it is offensive for people in this forum to include pictures of near naked cheerleaders and other women. This a sports forum. I find some of these pictures degrading to women. I'd rather see pictures of our athletes. And if you want to post pictures of our cheerleaders, who I believe are really good, as well as attractive, is it possible to find some that don't have their boobs hanging out.
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Re: Pictures

Post by duckgrad99 »

Yawn. Not trying to be mean, but don't like at the pictures if it bothers you.
gregspechtismyhero
Freshman

Post by gregspechtismyhero »

Your opinion is noted. Now make me a sandwich.
In Helfrich, Frost, and Allioti we trust
Image (USA Today Sports)
AIM: hockeygoalie923
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

nattybumpo wrote:I know I will get a bunch of crap for this post, but I think it is offensive for people in this forum to include pictures of near naked cheerleaders and other women. This a sports forum. I find some of these pictures degrading to women. I'd rather see pictures of our athletes. And if you want to post pictures of our cheerleaders, who I believe are really good, as well as attractive, is it possible to find some that don't have their boobs hanging out.
To my knowledge, all pictures of "near naked cheerleaders and other women" are all in one thread. I like to keep this forum as family friendly as possible, and I believe this forum is a lot cleaner and a lot more respectful than most forums out there.

If the pictures still offend you, you can always disable photos in your user control panel. Hope that helps!

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
nattybumpo
High School Drop Out

Post by nattybumpo »

If you had a daughter, would you rather have her be a college athlete, or a college cheerleader. Obviously, you don't really get to choose. But if you could...? My husband and I both played college sports, and we had two sons who played college sports. Glad to say, they weren't cheerleaders. So, why is it different for girls?
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
nattybumpo wrote:I know I will get a bunch of crap for this post, but I think it is offensive for people in this forum to include pictures of near naked cheerleaders and other women. This a sports forum. I find some of these pictures degrading to women. I'd rather see pictures of our athletes. And if you want to post pictures of our cheerleaders, who I believe are really good, as well as attractive, is it possible to find some that don't have their boobs hanging out.
To my knowledge, all pictures of "near naked cheerleaders and other women" are all in one thread. I like to keep this forum as family friendly as possible, and I believe this forum is a lot cleaner and a lot more respectful than most forums out there.

If the pictures still offend you, you can always disable photos in your user control panel. Hope that helps!
In fairness to the OP, there are some pretty loud sig pics and video clips that show up in more than just one thread. Of course, I only read this site for the articles....
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

Finally find your way over here from eDuck?

You have the right to remain silent. You have the right to not look at material that may be offensive to YOU. You have the right to disable photos.

This isn't the "other" board so keep your PC crap to yourself...

Thanks!

HTH
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
Elduderino
Senior

Post by Elduderino »

Damn guys and gals, a little harsh on the new poster no? Everyone is entitled to their opinion and the purpose of forums such as these is to voice said opinions. Sorry if you're offended by any pictures and such. I disagree with your premise on the degrading nature of these photos, but that's a convo for another day.
AKA: CAgrown
nattybumpo
High School Drop Out

Post by nattybumpo »

OK. So if my posts included a picture of myself, in my Oregon gear and I looked like a big fat cow, with my boobs hanging out, how would you feel then. Because I don't look like an Oregon Cheerleader what kind of response would I likely get. Let's be real, cute cheerleaders or other women who are practically naked which people post on here have very little impact on how football games are won. Kind of like our band. Don't get me wrong, I like our cheerleaders: I like watching them and my husband thinks they are beautiful. But, if I posted pictures on here of guys in speedo's you would probably ban me for life, no matter how intelligent my posts were. I'm telling what I feel from a woman's perspective - you will feel what you believe from a man's.
Elduderino
Senior

Post by Elduderino »

nattybumpo wrote:OK. So if my posts included a picture of myself, in my Oregon gear and I looked like a big fat cow, with my boobs hanging out, how would you feel then. Because I don't look like an Oregon Cheerleader what kind of response would I likely get. Let's be real, cute cheerleaders or other women who are practically naked which people post on here have very little impact on how football games are won. Kind of like our band. Don't get me wrong, I like our cheerleaders: I like watching them and my husband thinks they are beautiful. But, if I posted pictures on here of guys in speedo's you would probably ban me for life, no matter how intelligent my posts were. I'm telling what I feel from a woman's perspective - you will feel what you believe from a man's.
-- If you want to post a picture of yourself in any state or apparel, you should go for it. I would think the response would be overwhelmingly supportive.

--I agree, pretty girls that are posted on this website don't help us win games (not that much else posted here does either). Unless of course one happens to run a sub 4.4 with hands like glue. But I don't think sig pics are required to be of individuals who help us win games.

--Again, if you want to make a dude in a speedo your sig pic you can have at it. Not my thing, but as long as it's within the mods' boundaries of decency, what your sig pic is, is your prerogative. I def wouldn't think those pictures were degrading to us males. Oh and come on, people post all sorts of dumb s*** here without getting banned. I don't think your dude pics would get you 86ed for life.

We appreciate a woman's perspective. Believe it or not you aren't the only one!
AKA: CAgrown
goducks
Freshman

Post by goducks »

I am a woman and I am not offended by the photos posted on here. Football is much more than a game! Win or lose, it is exciting to watch everything at the games including the cheerleaders, band, people in whacky costumes, etc... as well as the football players themselves.

The cheerleaders are what they are and are highly public figures and, let's face it, a huge part of football culture! I do not recall any truly offending photos of them on this site and I admire them for what they do and all of the hard work and discipline they must do and have to maintain their figures.

As for the photos of the other women I just gloss over them knowing that men like them and leave it at that.

Every once in a while a couple of us post or even get others to post some "equal opportunity" photos, and it is all in gest. I guess that I do not take this very seriously and suggest that you try to also accept this if you are to frequent this site.

Notice the plane that we flew on?
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

nattybumpo wrote:OK. So if my posts included a picture of myself, in my Oregon gear and I looked like a big fat cow, with my boobs hanging out, how would you feel then. Because I don't look like an Oregon Cheerleader what kind of response would I likely get. Let's be real, cute cheerleaders or other women who are practically naked which people post on here have very little impact on how football games are won. Kind of like our band. Don't get me wrong, I like our cheerleaders: I like watching them and my husband thinks they are beautiful. But, if I posted pictures on here of guys in speedo's you would probably ban me for life, no matter how intelligent my posts were. I'm telling what I feel from a woman's perspective - you will feel what you believe from a man's.
Natty, first of all, welcome to the board! I have been on here for a few years now & most of the regulars are great about keeping the risque looking lady pictures over to the specific thread designated as such. Typically, you might see a newcomer posting some shots but the moderators are quick to point out they need to keep those in the lady thread. 99.9% of the time, there is awesome discussion in here and highly welcoming for us ladies. I recommend you stick around & if you are a die hard Duck fan, you will learn so much & meet some great folks!!

Having been a cheerleader myself back in the day, we worked hard for what we were allowed to do but I can tell you almost all of us wanted to be on the field making touchdowns!!!
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Welcome to the forum... If you want to talk Oregon sports, this is one of the best places I have found to participate in those types of discussions.

MFRD and GoDucks will attest to the fact that I am nuts, so be forewarned!
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

nattybumpo
High School Drop Out

Post by nattybumpo »

gregspechtismyhero wrote:Your opinion is noted. Now make me a sandwich.
Are you a friend of Specht's?
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

woundedknees wrote:Welcome to the forum... If you want to talk Oregon sports, this is one of the best places I have found to participate in those types of discussions.

MFRD and GoDucks will attest to the fact that I am nuts, so be forewarned!
It's true.....Wounded is a bit craaaazy but we love him! :lol: