Moderators: UOducksTK1, Zyme, lukeyrid13, Oregon Ownage

jibbajabba614
Senior
GM: Milwaukee Bucks GM

1997 scouting report

Post by jibbajabba614 »

Tim Duncan
3 B’s 2 C’s 1 A
Another fun draft to look at. On paper, Duncan looks to be the safest pick given his position and ratings. But having a another scoring guard brings memory of Hakeem/MJ draft. Heck even bigs with the three B’s and C potential seem to do fine in DASL. Duncan’s midrange game is unstoppable. Loves using the backboard to knockdown shots. His style of play is boring at times but teams needing a cornerstone for their franchise will appreciate his skills.

Kobe Bryant
3 B’s 2 C’s 1 A
Definitely a high risk/low reward player. The reward though seems to favor Kobe beasting. While we haven’t seen a guard come out the draft with his skill set and potential since Michael Jordan. As a senior in high school, he was considered the number one overall selection in the draft and decided to tone his skills in the NCAA to play for the University of Oregon.

Tracy McGrady
2 B’s 2 C’s 1 D 1 A
Will be a raw player to start with. But could potentially end up as the best prospect in the draft. Will definitely fit better in a inside offense. Early pioneer of hero ball. Loves to dribble and shoot. Just by going with the framework of the drafts and how players are performing, McGrady has the chance to be a 20ppg scorer. Given how the past number one selections have been, McGrady could end up as the best overall player.

Chauncey Billups
4 C’s 1 D 1 A
Billups will have the handles. But do not look for him to be an assists leader early on. All around player. Grit and grind player. Overall, Billups shows promise as a two-way player at the next level. Defensively, he can be a capable defender. Most importantly, he’s willing to compete on that end. Offensively, can he carry the scoring load for his team will be the question.

Scot Pollard
3 B’s 3 D’s
Elite rim protector. Never the one to take the last shot but is a capable inside scorer. The strengths of Pollard’s game include inside scoring, rebounding, and defense. Scouts fear if he has anymore room to grow. GM’s love the fact he can be the next Sharone Wright or Priest Lauderdale. On defense, he loves crashing the boards and pushing the ball to create opportunities in transition.
Foxyg1396
Five Star Recruit
GM: Denver Nuggets

Re: 1997 scouting report

Post by Foxyg1396 »

Love the UO college choice by Bryant!
pistolpetejr
Senior
GM: Los Angeles Clippers

Post by pistolpetejr »

High risk low reward? Is that written correctly?
---

PistolPeteJR
jibbajabba614
Senior
GM: Milwaukee Bucks GM

Post by jibbajabba614 »

pistolpetejr wrote:High risk low reward? Is that written correctly?
Just means you got 2 #1’s…. Duncan being the safer pick due to top rated shooting guards sometimes busting like Eddie Jones.
800wins
Three Star Recruit

Post by 800wins »

jibbajabba614 wrote:
Just means you got 2 #1’s…. Duncan being the safer pick due to top rated shooting guards sometimes busting like Eddie Jones.
When I traded up from #6 to #4 in 94, I actually did it expecting to take Eddie Jones there because his notes were sick. Unexpectedly Grant Hill was available @ 3 and although his offense hasn't developed the way I expected I'm happy I didn't choose Jones
Zyme
All Pac-12
GM: New York Knicks GM

Post by Zyme »

800wins wrote:
jibbajabba614 wrote:
When I traded up from #6 to #4 in 94, I actually did it expecting to take Eddie Jones there because his notes were sick. Unexpectedly Grant Hill was available @ 3 and although his offense hasn't developed the way I expected I'm happy I didn't choose Jones
He has set me back at least two years in my timeline... sigh.
DASL1 Rings: '93, '94

K's HOF:
Mark "Wholly Mammoth" Eaton | Retired 2002, age 44: 24 min/8pts/8reb/1stl/2.5 blks/1 TO
Michael "Sweet Home" Ansley | Retired 2007, age 42: 33 min/16pts/8 reb/1.5stl/.5 blks/.5 TO Lifetime .550 shooting %
Gheorghe "Ghiţă (Ghitza, Little George)" Mureșan | Retired 2008, age 36: 35Min/16.2pt/12.2reb/2.1ast/1.6stl/2.9blk/1.3TO (.461/.715/.000)