Post by JB »

pistolpetejr wrote:Where's Kings GM?
Kings
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Re: Official GM Rankings (3rd Edition)

Post by FlDuckFan »

My spot is very fair. Let's see if I can improve it.
Zyme
All Pac-12
GM: New York Knicks GM

Post by Zyme »

Tier 2, held back by staying loyal to players when I'm better to move on. Fair.
DASL1 Rings: '93, '94

K's HOF:
Mark "Wholly Mammoth" Eaton | Retired 2002, age 44: 24 min/8pts/8reb/1stl/2.5 blks/1 TO
Michael "Sweet Home" Ansley | Retired 2007, age 42: 33 min/16pts/8 reb/1.5stl/.5 blks/.5 TO Lifetime .550 shooting %
Gheorghe "Ghiţă (Ghitza, Little George)" Mureșan | Retired 2008, age 36: 35Min/16.2pt/12.2reb/2.1ast/1.6stl/2.9blk/1.3TO (.461/.715/.000)
Foxyg1396
Five Star Recruit
GM: Denver Nuggets

Post by Foxyg1396 »

I definitely have a lot of room for growth. I made some bad deals and FA signing’s. I’ll pay the price and definitely look to improve here
Craig
Senior
GM: Phoenix Suns GM

Post by Craig »

I love how the other people that were asked all said that heezy was #2 and snoop was just like, "nah...I'm better" :lol: Respect
Last edited by Craig on Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SUNS GM
Skyhooker
Junior
GM: Philadelphia 76ers

Post by Skyhooker »

Clearly a sexist article.
jibbajabba614
Senior
GM: Milwaukee Bucks GM

Post by jibbajabba614 »

Craig wrote:I love how the other people that were asked all said that heezy was #2 and snoop was just like, "nah...I'm better" :lol:
I voted heezy cause he’s pretty much most active GM. I think I voted for most championships as #1 though
dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Post by dd10snoop28 »

Craig wrote:I love how the other people that were asked all said that heezy was #2 and snoop was just like, "nah...I'm better" :lol: Respect
When half the league participated in the hard-cap hoax, corrective rankings are needed.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Crag - 1

Heezy - 2

Big drop-off after those two IMO and then Nets 3rd

After that I'd say it matters on what you value. Celtics have 2 rings but fewer playoff wins. 76ers have a lot of playoff wins but not much outside of Moses, Pacers have a title but from like the very first season and a different GM now, Cavs have playoff appearances & wins but no rings, I have 2 finals appearances and 1 ring but no rings post Ralph
offtheheezy
Senior
GM: Vancouver Grizzlies

Post by offtheheezy »

jibbajabba614 wrote:
Craig wrote:I love how the other people that were asked all said that heezy was #2 and snoop was just like, "nah...I'm better" :lol:
I voted heezy cause he’s pretty much most active GM. I think I voted for most championships as #1 though
Appreciate it, although I think pistol deserves the honors now for most active GM. Crazy 1 year rebuild of the formerly waffling Clippers
dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Post by dd10snoop28 »

Cellar-door wrote:
The Bean Regime wrote:
Cellar-door wrote:
pistolpetejr wrote:I'm confused by the GM Poll Rankings on the right? What's that exactly?
He asked some GMs to make a list and that is their result.

Man, wild that I got to the ECF and dropped like 12 spots in the rankings.
Just too nefarious. :lol:

Tbf though the GM rankings ranked you considerably higher. Heck, I was probably the lowest if your overall ranking was 12, and mine was still above your final ranking.
I think it's partially a difference in approach. I build good teams, and don't do multi-season tanks, or mortgage out multiple future years that often that means a lot of ECF and ECSF teams, but no title, on the other hand it means fewer multi-season dry spells as well.
Basically this. My rankings are slanted towards teams that are willing to - when the opportunity presents itself - take a risk to make a run at a championship, while not totally forsaking their future. Boom is an example. You could argue rockets could/should be lower, but they made attempts to go for it a couple of times and were really close to doing so....

IMO, there is not much separation between tiers 3 +4 so ya...
pistolpetejr
Senior
GM: Los Angeles Clippers

Post by pistolpetejr »

offtheheezy wrote:
jibbajabba614 wrote:
Appreciate it, although I think pistol deserves the honors now for most active GM. Crazy 1 year rebuild of the formerly waffling Clippers
Appreciate the recognition (:

Honestly it's been a fun rebuild so far. All that's missing is Vince Carter at the 2 now so that I have the cousins and then some :D
---

PistolPeteJR
lukeyrid13
All-American

Post by lukeyrid13 »

dd10snoop28 wrote:
Cellar-door wrote:
The Bean Regime wrote:
Cellar-door wrote:
pistolpetejr wrote:I'm confused by the GM Poll Rankings on the right? What's that exactly?

Tbf though the GM rankings ranked you considerably higher. Heck, I was probably the lowest if your overall ranking was 12, and mine was still above your final ranking.
I think it's partially a difference in approach. I build good teams, and don't do multi-season tanks, or mortgage out multiple future years that often that means a lot of ECF and ECSF teams, but no title, on the other hand it means fewer multi-season dry spells as well.
Basically this. My rankings are slanted towards teams that are willing to - when the opportunity presents itself - take a risk to make a run at a championship, while not totally forsaking their future. Boom is an example. You could argue rockets could/should be lower, but they made attempts to go for it a couple of times and were really close to doing so....

^ This

As long as it's done in a smart way, once you have 1-2 superstars you should push in your chips to go all out to win. Having your picks isn't as important if you're already a 50 win team and you can add really quality players in this league every year for expiring and a 1st.

- Darrell Griffith
- Scottie Pippen
- Prime Barkley
- Magic Johnson
etc

Were all moved for only 1-2 picks
offtheheezy
Senior
GM: Vancouver Grizzlies

Post by offtheheezy »

lukeyrid13 wrote:
dd10snoop28 wrote:
Cellar-door wrote:
The Bean Regime wrote:
Cellar-door wrote:

^ This

As long as it's done in a smart way, once you have 1-2 superstars you should push in your chips to go all out to win. Having your picks isn't as important if you're already a 50 win team and you can add really quality players in this league every year for expiring and a 1st.

- Darrell Griffith
- Scottie Pippen
- Prime Barkley
- Magic Johnson
etc

I think I sent 5 1sts for Magic :lol:

Unless you're talking about old Magic :P
lukeyrid13
All-American

Post by lukeyrid13 »

offtheheezy wrote:
lukeyrid13 wrote:
dd10snoop28 wrote:
Cellar-door wrote:
The Bean Regime wrote:

^ This

- Darrell Griffith
- Scottie Pippen
- Prime Barkley
- Magic Johnson
etc

I think I sent 5 1sts for Magic :lol:

Unless you're talking about old Magic :P
Yeah, old Magic.

But even at like 35, he was putting up 22/9 or something like that and I believe was traded for 1 late 1st.

There are always 16/10 PFs that are traded for a late 1st each year too. Shoot, some years you can get valuable guys for 2nds even.