Who's Winning the 87 Tanking Race?

Moderators: UOducksTK1, Zyme, lukeyrid13, Oregon Ownage

the goat
Freshman
GM: Los Angeles Lakers

Who's Winning the 87 Tanking Race?

Post by the goat »

Normally, the goal of a professional sports team is to win as many games as possible and the championship. But for some teams, the road to success starts with a quick(?) journey through basketball hell. Some of these teams are already strategically losing, but others could be more strategic about losing. (Team records as of SIM 6)

Charlotte Hornets
2 - 25
Tank Rating: S

The Hornets took advantage of an injury to their best player, David Greenwood, to pull ahead in the tanking race ahead of other preseason favorites. Take notes, because this is how you lose. The Hornets are 0-10 in their last 10 games, and a league-worst 1-11 at home. The unfortunate fans who bought season tickets must be longing for the good old days.

Orlando Magic
3 - 22
Tank Rating: A-

Honestly, the Magic should feel lucky that teams can't be relegated in DASL. After striking out with over 30 million dollars in cap space in free agency, the Magic were in prime position to lock up the worst record. But it looks like they have some serious competition. Their fans better pray hard for the lottery gods to take pity on them.

Los Angeles Clippers
5 - 25
Tank Rating: A

Sure, the team could be winning less, but at least the youngsters are getting some burn. Tank Commander Darrel Walker is averaging a massive 5 turnovers per game, which is good for number 1 in the league. If I were the GM, I'd be slipping the coach a few stacks of Benjamins to play Walker 40 minutes a game.

Seattle SuperSonics
8 - 17
Tank Rating: C+

The Sonics are so good at tanking that I overlooked them the first time. Although they would be better off if they didn't play so much defense. Phil Ford? You gotta go. Sly Williams? Go ply your trade elsewhere. Now that Wayman Tisdale is gone, the youth movement in Seattle is (back) in full swing. But if they want another top 5 pick, being top 10 in the fewest points allowed per game just won't cut it.

Milwaukee Bucks
8 - 20
Tank Rating: B-

The Bucks are being outscored by almost 13 points per game, but you wouldn't know it looking at their team record. Hey Dell, it's okay to miss a few more threes here and there. The solution? Let Dennis Rodman practice his sharpshooter skills. Everyone else on the team is already bombing away from deep, so why not Dennis?

Washington Bullets
8 - 19
Tank Rating: B

The Bullets hastily traded away the only good player on the team besides Daugherty, which has certainly improved their chances. But if the Bullets want to unlock their full lottery potential, they may need to experiment with their lineups. A Spud Webb and Muggsy Bogues backcourt is obviously the best option going forward.

Atlanta Hawks
9 - 17

Most analysts would have pegged the Hawks as a solid playoff contender, but an extra-long preseason for their two stars has led to a very slow start. The Hawks still have time to turn their season around, but it's never too early to trot out Manute Bol for 45 minutes a game. Let's see if he's got any guard skills. Let's go, point Bol!

Dallas Mavericks
11 - 18

The Mavs brought back the same team (minus Bernard King) from last year's squad that almost reached the conference finals, but the sequel has been underwhelming. If the Mavs want to catch up with the likes of the Bucks and Bullets, they'd better slather Patrick Ewing's hands in butter before every game.

Phoenix Suns
10 - 16
Tank Rating: C

Somehow, the Suns are a stone skip away from the 8th seed. I guess the Suns are just too competent to join the elite tanks. On the bright side, Kenny Smith is hocking up 4.2 turnovers a game, which has kept the Suns competitive in the loss column. Now if someone could just tell contract year Alton Lister to take it down a notch!

Boston Celtics
10 - 13
Tank Rating: B+

The Celtics probably won't be on this list for too long, since Byron Scott and Kevin McHale are good at basketball. Giving more post-up looks to Benoit Benjamin is always an option if the Celtics feel like they're too competitive. But honestly, unless the Monstars come for the Celtics, they'll never maintain their spot on this prestigious list.

Minnesota Timberwolves
12 - 15
Tank Rating: C

The Wolves look fully devoted in their quest for a valiant first-round exit, but one has to think, what if they devoted that energy towards winning slightly fewer games? Shipping out old players that can actually dribble and score the basketball would be a big first step. Giving young Pippen the ball a lot more would also help the Wolves reach the next level.
Last edited by the goat on Thu May 20, 2021 2:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lakers GM
Cellar-door
Senior
GM: Charlotte Hornets

Re: Who's Winning the 87 Tanking Race?

Post by Cellar-door »

Sadly I'm going to fall in this.
I'm 1-0 with Greenwood and 1-25 without. He's going to win me games
Hornets GM
offtheheezy
Senior
GM: Vancouver Grizzlies

Post by offtheheezy »

Wolves & Celtics have no incentive for losing since neither of them have their 1sts
the goat
Freshman

Post by the goat »

offtheheezy wrote:Wolves & Celtics have no incentive for losing since neither of them have their 1sts
Spurs and Warriors are in prime position to get on this list
Lakers GM
vincent1469
Five Star Recruit
GM: Seattle Supersonics

Post by vincent1469 »

Damn no love lol
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Is manute Bol PG eligible?

Please make that happen lol
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

We’re not trying to tank but we’re doing a good job at it!

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Craig
Senior
GM: Phoenix Suns GM

Post by Craig »

UOducksTK1 wrote:We’re not trying to tank but we’re doing a good job at it!
Does that warrant a good grade or a bad grade? :lol:
SUNS GM
Oregon Ownage
All-American
GM: Dallas Mavericks

Post by Oregon Ownage »

Craig wrote:
Its the best kind of tank but without a first its not good :lol:
Cellar-door
Senior
GM: Charlotte Hornets

Post by Cellar-door »

Oregon Ownage wrote:
Craig wrote:
Its the best kind of tank but without a first its not good :lol:
It's early though, he's only 3 games out of the 6 seed, and he has the assets to make a move for another efficient scorer which would help a lot.
Hornets GM
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

I can vouch that the Celtics have inquired on Freeman who would be perfect for them....but is also perfect for me so I don’t want to trade him
Foxyg1396
Five Star Recruit
GM: Denver Nuggets

Post by Foxyg1396 »

lukeyrid13 wrote:I can vouch that the Celtics have inquired on Freeman who would be perfect for them....but is also perfect for me so I don’t want to trade him
They’ve also attempted for Barkley. They aren’t trying to lose
offtheheezy
Senior
GM: Vancouver Grizzlies

Post by offtheheezy »

Foxyg1396 wrote:
lukeyrid13 wrote:I can vouch that the Celtics have inquired on Freeman who would be perfect for them....but is also perfect for me so I don’t want to trade him
They’ve also attempted for Barkley. They aren’t trying to lose
No attempts here :( None of my players are good enough
the goat
Freshman

Post by the goat »

vincent1469 wrote:Damn no love lol
Oops :oops:
Lakers GM
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

Orlando Magic
3 - 22
Tank Rating: A-

Honestly, the Magic should feel lucky that teams can't be relegated in DASL. After striking out with over 30 million dollars in cap space in free agency, the Magic were in prime position to lock up the worst record. But it looks like they have some serious competition. Their fans better pray hard for the lottery gods to take pity on them.
Listen there were good offers made, people just don't find Orlando an attractive place to live yet. We've also got a weekly sacrifice to the lottery gods every Thursday.