#10 Oregon @ UCLA (Oct. 23, Sat 12:30 PM ABC)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Phalanx
Senior

Re: #10 Oregon @ UCLA (Oct. 23, Sat 12:30 PM ABC)

Post by Phalanx »

StevensTechU wrote:
That's been perhaps the funniest thing about the criticisms of the offense this year. They're literally the top scoring team in the Pac-12. (Like most, I do think they're not humming on all cylinders)
Ducks are actually 3rd in points/game in the conference, 9th in passing yards, and 4th in total offense.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

greenyellow wrote: I'm not sure HGI is even doing helmets anymore since they quit posting about them on all their social media accounts like 2-3 years ago.

As for the Harrington jerseys, they sort of did retros by introducing the nightmare green uniforms and helmets in 2019.
I don't know what they're doing but I just know that the helmets haven't been as slick since. Whatever beef they had has been a detriment to both even if we aren't actually hurt in that process.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Duck07 wrote:
dthomas=ddixon wrote:
EncinitasDuck wrote:Those uniforms are hiddeous! If that's innovation we're in trouble.
They aren’t for us though. They’re for the potential future Ducks who are 16-18 years old right now watching highlights on ESPN.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The helmets still suck since we quit using HGI and it looks like a flock of seagulls took a dump on it.

The Harrington era jerseys are rife for a modern uniform styling and it's also an easy 20 year anniversary.

Those ugly almost black unis? The whites were nice but the homes were not. They would have benn 100x better, without the yellow stripes.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

All time (since Joey) ugly uni was “the Duck” orange socks and shoes…..
northbeachsf
Freshman

Post by northbeachsf »

I have a terrible feeling about this game:
Away with College Gameday in town against a great X and O coach.
UCLA is the 9th best team in the country against the run.
Oregon continues to be 1 dimensional on offense, struggling to develop any sort of productive passing game.
Oregon will try and force running the ball into the center of UCLA's defense instead of exploiting UCLA's suspect pass defense.
On the other side of the ball, Oregon is dead last in the conference in total defense.

I hope I am wrong, but this has double-digit loss written all over it.
thatbpguy
Four Star Recruit

Post by thatbpguy »

rockthief wrote:
thatbpguy wrote:
karlhungis wrote:
rockthief wrote:Hopefully Brown will spend every practice this week with TEs and WRs passing the ball twelve to thirty yards. Nothing else, just throwing the ball from way the hell out of his comfort zone. These dink passes are killing the O.
Expecting anything different from AB at this point seems like wishful thinking. He gets praise from the head coach for his drinking and dunking, so that's what he is going to continue to do. I expect Saturday to look exactly like every other week. Short passes and throws into coverage all day. Maybe after we lose this week they will consider making a change?
He gets that praise in public. But when they break down film and see all the open receivers he's missing.... i'll bet it's not so jolly.
I believe he purposefully avoids those receivers because he knows he cannot complete a pass to them.
Well, if he's passing more than 10 yards downfield that's true.
thatbpguy
Four Star Recruit

Post by thatbpguy »

ISU_Fan wrote:Hello Ducks,

Cyclone fan back just to say hi and well done so far this season. You have a following in Ames rooting for you from afar. When you guys won in Columbus, I was a part of a big gathering in the tailgate lots before our game against Iowa watching your game on a big screen cheering for you hoping you guys hung on. Best of of luck!
Thank you!
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

Think it mostly comes down to which mediocre QB plays better.

I think UCLA wins, but if we force a key TO or 2, we might pull out another close one.
stlDUCKfan
Pac-12 Prediction Winner!

Post by stlDUCKfan »

I'm feeling either a really close loss, with a lot of mistakes kinda like the Stanford game, or they come out and play surprisingly well and win by at least few touchdowns.

So basically is the OSU Oregon team gonna show up or the Stanford Oregon team? Not sure, literally a coin flip.
thatbpguy
Four Star Recruit

Post by thatbpguy »

UCLA primarily relies on their O-line to establish the run first. If our d-line shows up, we should be pretty good. I like this game for a Duck win.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Is Funa playing today?
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Duck07 wrote:
greenyellow wrote: I'm not sure HGI is even doing helmets anymore since they quit posting about them on all their social media accounts like 2-3 years ago.

As for the Harrington jerseys, they sort of did retros by introducing the nightmare green uniforms and helmets in 2019.
I don't know what they're doing but I just know that the helmets haven't been as slick since. Whatever beef they had has been a detriment to both even if we aren't actually hurt in that process.

They sent us helmets that started peeling, and then refused to fix them. They are idiots. UO put them on the map, then they but the hand that fead them.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

thatbpguy wrote:UCLA primarily relies on their O-line to establish the run first. If our d-line shows up, we should be pretty good. I like this game for a Duck win.

If we hand BW still, I’d say we win by 10. The guy was so clutch at tackling and was taking away the ball at a record rate. The injuries have really cause our tackling to take a step back. Hope Hill steps up or Stephans.
thatbpguy
Four Star Recruit

Post by thatbpguy »

Geeze, watching Kansas gash Oklahoma for yards. Oklahoma hasn't looked much better than we have this year.