Oregon State @ #11 Oregon (Nov. 27, Sat 12:30 PM ESPN)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

rockthief
Senior

Re: Oregon State @ #11 Oregon (Nov. 27, Sat 12:30 PM ESPN)

Post by rockthief »

Beavers are calling KT a thug and a dirty player. Sure.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

rockthief wrote:Beavers are calling KT a thug and a dirty player. Sure.
Beaver fans or players and coaches?
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

OregonFan4Life wrote:
I was unclear. It is fans, a bitter and blaming lot.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

rockthief wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:
Most bitter fanbase I’ve ever encountered.
brich75
Senior

Post by brich75 »

rockthief wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:
Seemed he was being pretty giving from my perspective. Shoot he gave them like 30 yards in stupid penalties alone
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

lmduck

Post by lmduck »

What happened before the game started? Some talk on Twitter about OS trying to interfere with the senior send-off thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

Man, where was this against Utah? I get it that Utah is playing better than Oregon State right now, but the Utes aren't that much better.

I'm excited for the rematch. I feel good about Oregon pulling a Rocky III and putting Clubber on his back. (Assuming we didn't lose anyone big to injury in that fourth quarter, but Cristobal indicated none of the injuries were serious.)

My biggest concern now is drawing Ohio State in the Rose Bowl... man, talk about a matchup I did not want! Think our Ducks are motivated to rematch the Utes? Just think about how badly the Buckeyes would love to see us again. :lol:
Willie Taggart is a dick.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

My biggest concern now is drawing Ohio State in the Rose Bowl... man, talk about a matchup I did not want! Think our Ducks are motivated to rematch the Utes? Just think about how badly the Buckeyes would love to see us again. :lol
Ohio St is not going to the Big 10 championship, I would think the loser of that gets the Roses, Michigan or Iowa
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Alan wrote:
My biggest concern now is drawing Ohio State in the Rose Bowl... man, talk about a matchup I did not want! Think our Ducks are motivated to rematch the Utes? Just think about how badly the Buckeyes would love to see us again. :lol
Ohio St is not going to the Big 10 championship, I would think the loser of that gets the Roses, Michigan or Iowa
I would imagine the Rose Bowl would take a 2 loss Ohio St over a 3 loss Iowa team if Michigan wins. I hope Michigan does what they do best, choke and Oregon gets Iowa in the Rose Bow IF Oregon beats Utah, and that’s a big if. If Oregon loses to Ohio St in a rematch that ruins all of the recruiting momentum they could use from that win. But we’re getting way ahead of ourselves, it’s gonna be tough to beat Utah, their offensive style is a nightmare for Deruyter.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

OregonFan4Life wrote:
Alan wrote:
I would imagine the Rose Bowl would take a 2 loss Ohio St over a 3 loss Iowa team if Michigan wins. I hope Michigan does what they do best, choke and Oregon gets Iowa in the Rose Bow IF Oregon beats Utah, and that’s a big if. If Oregon loses to Ohio St in a rematch that ruins all of the recruiting momentum they could use from that win. But we’re getting way ahead of ourselves, it’s gonna be tough to beat Utah, their offensive style is a nightmare for Deruyter.
I realize that if the Big Ten champion goes to the playoffs the Rose Bowl committee gets to pick the big 10 contender. Says Ohio State just got manhandled by Michigan in their last game and has already lost to the ducks this year, i’m hoping Iowa
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Why Iowa? Iowa fans are basically UW fans. I’d rather deal with tOSU again, and beat them again.
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore

Post by GoDucksTroll »

Alan wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:
Alan wrote:
I realize that if the Big Ten champion goes to the playoffs the Rose Bowl committee gets to pick the big 10 contender. Says Ohio State just got manhandled by Michigan in their last game and has already lost to the ducks this year, i’m hoping Iowa
Iowa’s only Rose Bowl chance is to win, otherwise it will be Ohio State . Big Ten rules I believe are highest ranked in the CFP. Same as in the Pac-12 if a team makes the CFP.

The loser of Oregon/Utah gets the Alamo Bowl. Utah automatically as no one is within 2 games in the standings, Oregon because they would be the only other ranked team. If Oregon is unranked then UCLA, ASU, and Wazzu are all Alamo eligible.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

According to Palm, the Rose Bowl gets to pick if the top team goes to the playoff, so it isn't necessarily the highest-ranked team by default. Iowa will not get in if they lose - it would be Ohio State or Michigan State.