Next Duck Coach: DAN LANNING

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

buckmarkduck
All-American

Re: Next Duck Coach

Post by buckmarkduck »

DuckMastaFunk wrote:Duck Fans: "We want a guy that will be loyal, stay here long term, and won't spurn us at the first chance he gets!"
Also Duck Fans: "We want Kiffin!!"
:lol: :lol: :lol:

He understands Oregon, and would fit the west coast well. SC isn’t hiring him away, so we could have him awhile
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

duck92 wrote:Mike Norvell from FSU should be a candidate, knows the Pac 12 and a good recruiter
Regardless of his coaching prowess, it would be worth it just to return the favor to FSU for stealing our coach.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

karlhungis wrote:
duck92 wrote:Mike Norvell from FSU should be a candidate, knows the Pac 12 and a good recruiter
Regardless of his coaching prowess, it would be worth it just to return the favor to FSU for stealing our coach.

Would you have been mad if someone stole Helfrich in 2015? I’m actually surprised they held onto him another year.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

buckmarkduck wrote:
karlhungis wrote:

Would you have been mad if someone stole Helfrich in 2015? I’m actually surprised they held onto him another year.
Difficult to say how I would have felt back then. On one hand, I'm just not a fan of having other programs poach our coaches. On the other hand, I wanted Helfrich out so it probably wouldn't have bothered me. Ultimately, I recognize that FSU did us a favor with taking Slick off of our hands but the whole process still bothers me. Specifically, the gloating of their fans.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
northbeachsf
Freshman

Post by northbeachsf »

Lane Kiffin?? Oh yes please!!!
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

SuperDuck
Senior

Post by SuperDuck »

buckmarkduck wrote:
DuckMastaFunk wrote:Duck Fans: "We want a guy that will be loyal, stay here long term, and won't spurn us at the first chance he gets!"
Also Duck Fans: "We want Kiffin!!"
:lol: :lol: :lol:

He understands Oregon, and would fit the west coast well. SC isn’t hiring him away, so we could have him awhile
Didn't Kiffin just sign an extension at 'Ol Miss? I think the only way we could get him is with a longer contract.

https://www.al.com/alabamafootball/2021 ... tract.html

But wait! This article says that Kiffin's new contract doesn't go into effect until January 1st.

https://news.yahoo.com/heres-much-lane- ... wG9DbcaRnk

Is it too late?
John 3:36
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Chip Kelly detail (No update)

Post by QuackininBama »

Just a curious sidenote..........Chip has a $9 million buyout..........until January 15. At that point, no buyout exists.

Just something to keep in mind.
Duck07
All-American

Re: Chip Kelly detail (No update)

Post by Duck07 »

QuackininBama wrote:Just a curious sidenote..........Chip has a $9 million buyout..........until January 15. At that point, no buyout exists.

Just something to keep in mind.
No, it isn't something to keep in mind because he shouldn't be the choice.

That aside, 5 weeks from now to hire him, when current recruits have said they want nothing to do with him, tells me that waiting for Chip doesn't sound like an ideal plan in anyway.
SuperDuck
Senior

Post by SuperDuck »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:Sounds like Sitake interviewed but it didn’t go well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That doesn't disappoint me. It didn't seem like he was a good fit from the start.
John 3:36
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

karlhungis wrote:
We already got them back for stealing our coach, by using Justin Herbert to make them think Willie was a good coach. They paid a steep price already.
DmoneyDuck
Freshman

Post by DmoneyDuck »

Kiffin with this offense would have everyone reliving the Chip days. Yes, there's a chance he bolts, but I also think there's a good chance Oregon makes the CFP as well.
WestCoastDux
Two Star Recruit

Post by WestCoastDux »

Food for thought on hiring Kiffin, this is 2nd hand that I heard from someone else. Good advice.

The rub with hiring Kiffin would ultimately would be how he is still viewed in L.A. after flunking out at USC (i.e. players, coaches, parents, etc.)? Like anything it boils down to to recruiting, it's your program's lifeblood; especially so for Oregon down in SoCal.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

An account I follow mentioned Alex Grinch. I actually really like that. Has been the head guy for the defense under Mike Leach, Urban Meyer, and Lincoln Riley. Has been the recruiting coordinator at most stops. Recruits nationally, and especially well on the west coast. Honestly, if we go after a coordinator, that might be the guy. It also hurts USC, which I don't hate.
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

I don't know why anyone is pumped about Kiff. Dude may indeed bail for us if we back the Brinks truck up, then again, he will bail for someone else next year if they back a bigger Brinks truck up. I thought we were tired of coaches bailing on us?