Transfer Portal - '21-22

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

justducky0
Senior

Re: Transfer Portal - '21-22

Post by justducky0 »

Outside of the NW nobody knows who Travis Dye is lol.
DuckMastaFunk
Five Star Recruit

Post by DuckMastaFunk »

Alan wrote:
hjpop wrote:It's hard to say lame move or not. Mario's gone, Mastro's gone, he's likely got to learn a new playbook and it may mean less touches for him. Also, who knows what is being told to Dollars and McGee to get them to stay? Still not sure why Dye would be feeling he's on the outs considering his performance last year and likely position as RB1. Hm...
I believe he is from S. Cal, but. Many player have transferred through the years and none have really bothered me Dye cuts a bit deeper with me. I feel betrayed as a fan by him, he is royalty here, one of the best to come out of Oregon. Maybe CJ is coming back….still no excuse. Has the portal and NIL weakened “once a Duck always a Duck”.
Yeah, once a duck always a duck is dead. I feel like the new motto will have to channel coach slick willie: “Once a Duck, always a Duck, if you want to.”
73duck
Three Star Recruit

Post by 73duck »

> Yeah, once a duck always a duck is dead.

Yes, it is a complicated definition now. I would still include guys who leave because they are buried on the depth chart, and guys like Masoli who get kicked off the team. Is there a Thomas Tyner exception if he has an unproductive career at USC? How about if he turns the ball over to give Oregon a win in the conference title game?
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

73duck wrote:> Yeah, once a duck always a duck is dead.

Yes, it is a complicated definition now. I would still include guys who leave because they are buried on the depth chart, and guys like Masoli who get kicked off the team. Is there a Thomas Tyner exception if he has an unproductive career at USC? How about if he turns the ball over to give Oregon a win in the conference title game?
Masoli stole from other students, that isn't behavior worth supporting so he was rightfully kicked off the team.

Bill Moos took that phrase from his fraternity in order to help link the Alumni to the Athletic Department during a period that initiated massive growth in our AD as a whole. It's served it's purpose but it should only be used for those who finish at Oregon.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

Duck07 wrote:

Masoli stole from other students, that isn't behavior worth supporting so he was rightfully kicked off the team.

Bill Moos took that phrase from his fraternity in order to help link the Alumni to the Athletic Department during a period that initiated massive growth in our AD as a whole. It's served it's purpose but it should only be used for those who finish at Oregon.
How about one and done BB players who aren’t here a year?
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Alan wrote:
How about one and done BB players who aren’t here a year?
Bol Bol, as an example, is a Duck. Joe Young who transferred in but didn't go to another school to me means he's a Duck.

It's all about the leaving part.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

Everyone will have their own sensibilities about it, but I don't have the same regard for Bol Bol or Troy Brown that i do for Dillon Brooks or Payton Pritchard. Guys that stayed at Oregon and were proud to identify with the school and the state are going to get more loyalty from me when they move on to the pros. I love Troy Dye, but Baby Dye doesn't get to have his cake and eat it too, despite his pretty parting words about bleeding green and yellow, etc.

Wish him luck
but no longer a Duck.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

DuckMastaFunk
Five Star Recruit

Post by DuckMastaFunk »

Duck07 wrote:

That’s ironic because Moos is the last person I’d use “once a Duck always a Duck” on. :lol:
73duck
Three Star Recruit

Post by 73duck »

In any event, once a Trojan, always a Trojan includes OJ.
alxtw
Five Star Recruit

Post by alxtw »

Most players and recruits don't really have an allegiance to the school, its only because their close and respected coach/es are at the school that they bleed the school colors. Unless the student athletes are really there to learn haha. (ie stanford, northwestern, etc..)
northbeachsf
Freshman

Post by northbeachsf »

If we trade Dye for Broussard , I am okay with that.
SuperDuck
Senior

Post by SuperDuck »

northbeachsf wrote:If we trade Dye for Broussard , I am okay with that.
Me too, though I wonder how that would go over with Verdell. I doubt he'd be happy being #2 unless they were guaranteed a comparable amount of snaps.
John 3:36
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Lot of rumors floating around about Caleb Williams possibly heading to Wisconsin. That'd be a major shocker when it comes to transfers this off-season.
droop10
Five Star Recruit

Post by droop10 »

greenyellow wrote:Lot of rumors floating around about Caleb Williams possibly heading to Wisconsin. That'd be a major shocker when it comes to transfers this off-season.
This would be incredible and hilarious, as SC's QB room would be shot. Color me skeptical though. I have a hard time believing that Wisconsin will end up the highest bidder for his services.