Oregon scholarship count

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

Oregon scholarship count

Post by greenyellow »

As it stands, Oregon currently has 81 scholarship players, which includes the 3 transfers, 7 signees, and 4 unsigned commits. I could easily see them going over 85 because they know there'll be further attrition between spring drills and fall camp.

https://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/2018/1 ... chart.html
greenyellow

Re: Oregon scholarship count

Post by greenyellow »

With Verdell leaving, Oregon is now at 80 scholarship players.
Vanducky
One Star Recruit

Post by Vanducky »

The 247 Oklahoma insider put in a crystal ball for Gracen Halton to OU. None of the national guys have switched from Oregon, but he might be a flip candidate (and another open scholarship).
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

Vanducky wrote:The 247 Oklahoma insider put in a crystal ball for Gracen Halton to OU. None of the national guys have switched from Oregon, but he might be a flip candidate (and another open scholarship).
I've been kind of wondering if Lanning and his staff were pursuing Halton to the same degree as Florence and others. I don't follow social media as much as others here, so I might have missed the 'full court press' treatment, but is it possible the new coaches prefer other recruits? Otherwise, it's a shame if a West Coast kid who grew up a Duck fan and went to high school with Cardwell ends up not coming here.
Last edited by Phalanx on Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

Vanducky wrote:The 247 Oklahoma insider put in a crystal ball for Gracen Halton to OU. None of the national guys have switched from Oregon, but he might be a flip candidate (and another open scholarship).
I think Florence ends up at USC and Halton ends up at Oklahoma. I don't see Miller leaving the Southeast, and I think that the Rivals guy who said the Ducks get Conerly and Iuli was high.

I hope I'm wrong, but if I was betting currency, that's how I'd bet.
jimmy12
Senior

Post by jimmy12 »

StevensTechU wrote:
I think Florence ends up at USC and Halton ends up at Oklahoma. I don't see Miller leaving the Southeast, and I think that the Rivals guy who said the Ducks get Conerly and Iuli was high.

I think the prediction for Luli and Connerly was because of the off field coach that was hired away from USC. He's was the primary contact for both players and he is now at Oregon. (I can't recall his name). Anyway, I believe that's why the prediction was made for them to Oregon. I agree. It's unlikely.
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

jimmy12 wrote:
StevensTechU wrote:

I think the prediction for Luli and Connerly was because of the off field coach that was hired away from USC. He's was the primary contact for both players and he is now at Oregon. (I can't recall his name). Anyway, I believe that's why the prediction was made for them to Oregon. I agree. It's unlikely.
Based on what I have heard from some inside the department the Iuli prediction is not wrong. Of course we know nothing is final till Signing Day but apparently they feel good about him . Nothing definitive on Halton or Florence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

Has Halton decommitted? Kind of seems like he is gone. Hopefully, Lanning is working on a solid alternative.
HomeSickDuck
Three Star Recruit

Post by HomeSickDuck »

Phalanx wrote:Has Halton decommitted? Kind of seems like he is gone. Hopefully, Lanning is working on a solid alternative.
Yes, he just did decomitted
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

Yeah, should have checked his twitter - definitely gone. As always with a break-up, you wonder who is dumping who.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

I think this is a case of Halton breaking up with Oregon.

As for scholarships, Oregon is now at 79 with Halton decommitting.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

Well, the silver lining is that with the recent transfers/decommits there is now room to actually sign the guys from this class that are coming in for visits.
HomeSickDuck
Three Star Recruit

Post by HomeSickDuck »

Could also be that he doesn’t fit the scheme of landings defense.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

HomeSickDuck wrote:Could also be that he doesn’t fit the scheme of landings defense.
Oregon was still recruiting him. He wasn't pushed out.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

StevensTechU wrote:
HomeSickDuck wrote:Could also be that he doesn’t fit the scheme of landings defense.
Oregon was still recruiting him. He wasn't pushed out.
Do you have evidence of this? Other than bowling, I mean? I mentioned above that it didn't seem like they had the 'full court press' on him, and now there are rumblings that the new coaching staff view him as too much of a tweener and didn't pursue him.