Pac-12/Big 10/Big 12 Realignment

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

squintsdd
Sophomore

Re: Oh no...LA schools looking to leave for Big 10

Post by squintsdd »

DuckzRule wrote:Anyways, if we indeed become members of the B1G, what are the most anticipated conference matchups you wanna see?

I was thinking maybe Oregon vs Ohio State and Penn State, and maybe Oregon vs Notre Dame if they also join.
Why wouldn't they? They're a prestigious school, that has held their own in several sports, including football, in recent history
Last edited by squintsdd on Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zyme
All Pac-12
GM: New York Knicks GM

Post by Zyme »

squintsdd wrote:
DuckzRule wrote:Anyways, if we indeed become members of the B1G, what are the most anticipated conference matchups you wanna see?

I was thinking maybe Oregon vs Ohio State and Penn State, and maybe Oregon vs Notre Dame if they also join.
Why wouldn't they? They're a prestigious school, that has held their in several sports, including football, in recent history
-They are independant
--With an individual TV contract
---They keep all their revenue and dont have to split with a conference.
DASL1 Rings: '93, '94

K's HOF:
Mark "Wholly Mammoth" Eaton | Retired 2002, age 44: 24 min/8pts/8reb/1stl/2.5 blks/1 TO
Michael "Sweet Home" Ansley | Retired 2007, age 42: 33 min/16pts/8 reb/1.5stl/.5 blks/.5 TO Lifetime .550 shooting %
Gheorghe "Ghiţă (Ghitza, Little George)" Mureșan | Retired 2008, age 36: 35Min/16.2pt/12.2reb/2.1ast/1.6stl/2.9blk/1.3TO (.461/.715/.000)
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Zyme wrote:
squintsdd wrote:

Why wouldn't they? They're a prestigious school, that has held their in several sports, including football, in recent history
-They are independant

So keep 100% and make around 30 million, or join the Big and make 100million. Tough choice.
DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit

Post by DuckzRule »

greenyellow wrote:This is from the NIL collective/foundation for Ohio State so they've likely got some decent sources.
I hope the official announcement is made in a few days.
DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit

Post by DuckzRule »

Also some people are thinking the Kansas Jayhawks will join the B1G, which definitely doesn't any sense considering they suck in all sports except basketball.

Either way, Oregon vs Kansas seems like a neat matchup but not as much as UO vs Notre Dame
SuperDuck
Senior

Post by SuperDuck »

I'm seriously hoping that this major conference realignment results in a playoff expansion.

Like the SEC, the Big-10 will have several high tier programs beating up on each other all season. Of course, we'll have to see what happens with the remaining Pac-12 schools, as well as the ACC and Big-12, but I'd think the need for expansion has never been greater.

Personally, I'm thinking of a minimum of 8 teams, but possibly as many as 12-16. I'm thinking 16 may be more realistic now, as it would allow all major teams from all conferences an automatic bid. That would ensure the survival of all existing conferences, at least, in some format.
John 3:36
SuperDuck
Senior

Post by SuperDuck »

GrandpaDuck wrote:Honestly, adding UO UW Stanford to ND would be the B1G best move. Seattle, Portland, Bay Area media markets added to LA. 5 teams on the West Coast to minimize travel for non-revenue sports. All 3 have Nation Championship caliber programs in several of the smaller sports. All have had Top 10 Football teams in the last decade.
It would make sense to have east and west divisions. The current division with Ohio State, Penn State, Michigan, MSU, etc would likely remain intact. The west would likely consist of USC, UCLA, Oregon, Notre Dame, Wisconsin, Minnesota, etc.

Of course, there'd likely be interconference games, as well.

That schedule looks like a murderer's row.

Oregon vs Notre Dame, USC, UCLA, Wisconsin, Ohio State or Penn State or Michigan, etc.
John 3:36
DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit

Post by DuckzRule »

What does this mean!?
squintsdd
Sophomore

Post by squintsdd »

Zyme wrote:
squintsdd wrote:

-They are independant
Apparently I want paying close attention. That reply was suppose to be for the post above that one, asking if Stanford was really an option for the B1G.
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

DuckzRule wrote:
GrandpaDuck wrote:Honestly, adding UO UW Stanford to ND would be the B1G best move. Seattle, Portland, Bay Area media markets added to LA. 5 teams on the West Coast to minimize travel for non-revenue sports. All 3 have Nation Championship caliber programs in several of the smaller sports. All have had Top 10 Football teams in the last decade.
Is Stanford seriously being considered?
Not sure, no outsider knows for sure who they are looking at but it makes sense it look at. Stanford would be the conferences highest ranked academic university and is the nations highest ranked overall athletic program (men, women all sports) by a mile and has been for decades. It's also not bad at Football with Heisman Trophy winners and frequent New Years bowls. It also is in the Bay area, the second biggest media market on the coast. In the Conference of Champions, Stanford is the one who rakes in the most.
DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit

Post by DuckzRule »

DuckzRule wrote:What does this mean!?
Apparently this might mean our chances of leaving for the B1G just got worse
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

DuckzRule wrote:

It’s means less than nothing. JC has been working OT to screw UO over, but has yet to actually provide any real facts. Former executive means jack crap. He has no info. Just usual JC hating Oregon. He provides zero proof but runs with whatever negative he can.

Facts are UO was 20 spots higher than SC in viewership last year, and by far the highest in the Pac 12 every year for the last 4 years.
DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit

Post by DuckzRule »

I really hope that a formal announcement is made this week, I've been so nervous these last few days for knowing Oregon's destiny, maybe between Monday and Friday is when something is revealed?
Anatinae
One Star Recruit

Post by Anatinae »

buckmarkduck wrote:
DuckzRule wrote:

It’s means less than nothing. JC has been working OT to screw UO over, but has yet to actually provide any real facts. Former executive means jack crap. He has no info. Just usual JC hating Oregon. He provides zero proof but runs with whatever negative he can.

Facts are UO was 20 spots higher than SC in viewership last year, and by far the highest in the Pac 12 every year for the last 4 years.
I don't think Notre Dame is going to be turned away because of the size of the South Bend television market.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

https://medium.com/run-it-back-with-zac ... ef4f315858

Again where is JC getting his money numbers at? UO was 10th most watched team last year. You can’t just go based off of Eugene and Portland. Have to use the actual numbers of viewership. If they add UO and ND, they now hold 6 of the top 10 most watched teams. And Wisconsin is at 11.