Stanford @ #13 Oregon (Oct. 1, Sat 8 PM FS1)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

Stanford @ #13 Oregon (Oct. 1, Sat 8 PM FS1)

Post by greenyellow »

1-2 Stanford vs 3-1 Oregon
squintsdd
Sophomore

Re: Stanford @ #13 Oregon (Oct. 1, Sat 8 PM FS1)

Post by squintsdd »

It's good to see that the games are just getting later now, especially for east coast viewers.
Oregon Ownage
All-American
GM: Dallas Mavericks

Post by Oregon Ownage »

squintsdd wrote:It's good to see that the games are just getting later now, especially for east coast viewers.
Cant tell if your being sarcastic but this sucks for east coast fans like myself
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

You guys just haven’t moved far east enough haha. My buddy recently moved to South Africa and now he’s getting up at 4am to catch night games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
73duck
Three Star Recruit

Post by 73duck »

I have been on the east coast for decades and have come to prefer the late-night games. For years I would stay up to watch them, and get no sleep if Oregon lost. Now I set the DVR or watch an extended highlights version on YouTube with my morning coffee. I get just as depressed when Oregon loses, but I don't lose sleep. The main thing is to fight the temptation to get up in the middle of the night and check the score. Works for blazers games, too.
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

squintsdd wrote:It's good to see that the games are just getting later now, especially for east coast viewers.
Yea, lets just translate to, "Sure glad NO ONE is going to watch these games outside of the west coast anymore". You do realize no one on the east coast stay up to 1:00am to watch Pac-12 games right?
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Honestly how many games that isn’t your team, do you really watch? I’ll throw on a game, but I’m also doing stuff. BBQ with friends, or if I’m at a game tail gating or just in my garage doing stuff. But I’m never really into it like I am an Oregon game.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Oregon has opened up as 16-point favorites, which might be a little low with how well Oregon is playing and how poorly Stanford has played against FBS opponents so far.
bdkipe
Two Star Recruit

Post by bdkipe »

I’ll look at the positives. No one on the East Coast will be up to see the stellar P12 officiating that usually happens during Duck v Tree games.

On that note: Since the P12 has seemingly committed to going back in time & righting the wrongs of their crews after the fact, can we get them to overturn the Ertz catch from 2012? Yes, I’m still salty about that…and DAT thinking he was at Hayward instead of Autzen, but I digress.
alxtw
Five Star Recruit

Post by alxtw »

These few late games a year are great for me. Can finally get a good nights sleep and wake up in the morning, watch the game, and crack open some beers all before noon :D
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

It's O vs Tree... Expect the (sorta) unexpected.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

Yeah . . . it's freakin` Stanford. How many times over the years have they broken our hearts and destroyed a season that otherwise appeared could be at least in the running for a national championship -- or simply beat us when they weren't supposed to? (I might even argue as far back as 1995.) Even last year. Please Ducks, just get a win. I don't care by how much.
Last edited by Greenblood on Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

Does Stanford have any big dominant TE’s this years, seems like they always have two who visit the end zone often.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

I'm expecting Oregon to just kick the crap out of Stanford, but you all are convincing me otherwise.

I think Oregon has the offense to hang 30-45 on 'Furd. Stanford has an OK offense and Oregon has an OK defense. I suppose I could see a scenario where they score 21 on us offensively, and perhaps pick up another 7-14 via turnovers/ST. So maybe if all hell breaks loose, we could drop this one.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Most years I feel we are better than Stanford. But just like those years, if Stanford is close or beats us, it’s because of fluke plays and pac 12 refs.