Holiday Bowl: #15 Oregon v UNC (Dec. 28, Wed 5 PM Fox)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

Holiday Bowl: #15 Oregon v UNC (Dec. 28, Wed 5 PM Fox)

Post by greenyellow »

9-3 Oregon vs 9-4 North Carolina
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Re: Holiday Bowl: #15 Oregon v UNC (Dec. 28, Wed 5 PM Fox)

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Meh, of course I’ll watch but I was really hoping for Notre Dame.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Oregon is 2-0 against Mack Brown in bowl games (2013 Alamo Bowl and 2000 Holiday Bowl.)
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Meh lose lose situation imo. A win means nothing but a loss will reflect on us poorly..

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

Meh, a game no one will watch or even care about the final score. Another disappointing end to a disappointing season.
SuperDuck
Senior

Post by SuperDuck »

UOducksTK1 wrote:Meh lose lose situation imo. A win means nothing but a loss will reflect on us poorly..
I disagree. UNC is unranked and we're #15. A loss might knock us out of the Top-25.

Also, UNC just got blown out by Clemson 39-10. They also lost to Georgia Tech and only beat App State by two, 63-61.

They're a decent football team but they're not great and they have no business beating Oregon with a healthy Bo Nix.

It's also an opportunity for the Ducks to win 10 games in Dan Lanning's first season. That's a great achievement.

There's also going to be room for Oregon to move up in the polls with a win. A lot of Top-14 teams play each other, so there'll be room to move.
John 3:36
DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit

Post by DuckzRule »

OregonFan4Life wrote:Meh, of course I’ll watch but I was really hoping for Notre Dame.
I've heard that they were bypassed because if they played against us in this bowl, UNC would have played against South Carolina in the Gator Bowl which would have been a rematch from last year's Duke's Mayo Bowl, even tho that matchup is always a sellout.

Plus some people are saying this could be a more competitive QB battle.
Jesseisabeast
One Star Recruit

Post by Jesseisabeast »

Christian Gonzalez has opted out of the bowl game and is heading to the NFL.
droop10
Five Star Recruit

Post by droop10 »

This game is a crapshoot in my opinion, but I’m only interested in giving guys an opportunity to develop anyway. Nobody looks at the end of season rankings or really cares about these outcomes. Hard to put much stock in a game that a number of the best players won’t bother to show up for. They can be valuable reps for young guys though, and the young CBs will have their hands full with Maye and a great passing attack. Assuming not a ton of offensive guys sit out, it’ll likely be a shootout, since UNC doesn’t bother to play defense.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

SuperDuck wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:Meh lose lose situation imo. A win means nothing but a loss will reflect on us poorly..
I disagree. UNC is unranked and we're #15. A loss might knock us out of the Top-25.

Also, UNC just got blown out by Clemson 39-10. They also lost to Georgia Tech and only beat App State by two, 63-61.

They're a decent football team but they're not great and they have no business beating Oregon with a healthy Bo Nix.

It's also an opportunity for the Ducks to win 10 games in Dan Lanning's first season. That's a great achievement.

There's also going to be room for Oregon to move up in the polls with a win. A lot of Top-14 teams play each other, so there'll be room to move.
Personally, I don’t really care what we’re ranked to end the season. Did we go to Pac-12 champ game, playoffs, or big six game? If not, then meh.

After that, I look for opportunity to beat a team that would matter (Norte Dame a good example). No one cares if we beat UNC, but people will care if we lose. Hence lose-lose situation whether we win or lose.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
wlduck
Sophomore

Post by wlduck »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
SuperDuck wrote:

Personally, I don’t really care what we’re ranked to end the season. Did we go to Pac-12 champ game, playoffs, or big six game? If not, then meh.

After that, I look for opportunity to beat a team that would matter (Norte Dame a good example). No one cares if we beat UNC, but people will care if we lose. Hence lose-lose situation whether we win or lose.
With the portal, any of these games will probably suck. Very limited rosters.
OfaFeather
Two Star Recruit

Post by OfaFeather »

It would be interesting to know who will be calling offensive plays before we could really weigh in on how the game will shape up. I thought we would have known by now, but this uncertainty could definitely taint the bowl and end up with the Ducks suffering a embarrassing loss against a far inferior team. I hope they get something in place for the players and the whole team to gel behind. Not to mention the recruits, early period signing day is about 2-weeks out, if we don’t know we could see a lot of losses in that class.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »