Klemm interviewing for Patriots' OC job

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Looks like OL coach Adrian Klemm is interviewing for New England's open OC position. It'd be a major loss if he got the job.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Re: Klemm interviewing for Patriots' OC job.

Post by StevensTechU »

His son Nikko Klemm just announced that he was playing his senior year of high school football in southern California rather than staying at Sheldon HS. Between that news and this, sounds like it's possible that Klemm doesn't want to stay in Eugene/college football.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

It was always going to be a matter of when he left so really the only shocking part is it's occurring so soon.
lmduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by lmduck »

greenyellow wrote:It was always going to be a matter of when he left so really the only shocking part is it's occurring so soon.
Interesting. My perception (obviously an incorrect one) was that he had grown tired of the NFL hence the reason he left Pittsburgh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
whosyourwally
Five Star Recruit

Post by whosyourwally »

A few big names on the short list. O’Brian, McCardell. Not worried until I have to be…

lmduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by lmduck »

whosyourwally wrote:A few big names on the short list. O’Brian, McCardell. Not worried until I have to be…

Bill O'Brien who is at Alabama??? If he gets the job, I wonder if it is with the caveat that if he is successful in restoring them to an NFL power that he takes over when Bill retires.

Edit- yes it is Bill O'Brien from Alabama
Last edited by lmduck on Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rockthief
Senior

Re: Klemm interviewing for Patriots' OC job

Post by rockthief »

Man, stay while. Sheesh
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

whosyourwally wrote:A few big names on the short list. O’Brian, McCardell. Not worried until I have to be…

Is O’Brian a big name? Guys isn’t someone I’d be happy with as OC. He’s terrible.
droop10
Five Star Recruit

Post by droop10 »

buckmarkduck wrote:

Is O’Brian a big name? Guys isn’t someone I’d be happy with as OC. He’s terrible.
O’Brien is a familiar name with the Pats. He spent 5 years there in various roles, including OC. He was a good head coach, just a poor GM. He seems like the obvious hire for the Pats, but we’ll see what happens. Klemm would surprise me.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

droop10 wrote:O’Brien is a familiar name with the Pats. He spent 5 years there in various roles, including OC. He was a good head coach, just a poor GM. He seems like the obvious hire for the Pats, but we’ll see what happens. Klemm would surprise me.
I just don't know what Coach Klemm would actually add as an OC. Does he have any history of play-calling and game-planning for the entire offense or is this merely Bill B giving a former player an interview to help him build up that experience for down the road?
whosyourwally
Five Star Recruit

Post by whosyourwally »

O’Brian got the job, but it sounds like Klemm may be interested in the Patriots’ OL Coach gig….

Feels like a lateral move at best, given all the titles he has here. Wondering if he’s a little disgruntled about the outside hire Oregon made at OC?

greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

whosyourwally wrote:O’Brian got the job, but it sounds like Klemm may be interested in the Patriots’ OL Coach gig….

Feels like a lateral move at best, given all the titles he has here. Wondering if he’s a little disgruntled about the outside hire Oregon made at OC?

I doubt so. It's likely about the money and time commitment as an NFL coach that's appealing to him.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Doesn't sound like he's anticipating Klemm to be leaving.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Hopefully Klemm stays but even if he doesn’t, it’s always better for coaches to leave for the NFL cause it looks good to future prospects for coaching positions and players can’t transfer to the New England Patriots.