Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

squintsdd
Sophomore

Re: Pac-12/Big 10/Big 12 Realignment

Post by squintsdd »

Duck07 wrote:
5$ wrote:
Duck07 wrote:
5$ wrote: Look for yourself, there's zero consistency of the numbers reported to the website the creator of that document relied on. This information is about as trustworthy as an internet meme.
Okay, care to show where all of the correct numbers are since you know what they are?
Honestly I really don't care to put in the necessary effort to educate you when you can figure it out for yourself with a modicum of effort. You are combative in your responses and I don't understand why. I'd suggest you conduct your own assessment of USC's numbers and comprehend how they net exactly $0, but Notre Dame nets a profit.
Typically in a normal conversation when someone has presented information and someone says it's bullshit, the onus is on the person calling bs to prove why that information is wrong and not just tell that person they're wrong or that they're somehow combative for asking you to prove it.

This is federally reported data (USC shows 187 million in revenue in the chart and on the federal website) and you are essentially calling it false which is to claim these institutions are lying to the feds.
Source = "trust me bro"
5$
Five Star Recruit

Post by 5$ »

USC football earned $2,254,994, but its basketball team somehow lost exactly $2,254,994 for a net of $0 between both teams, and somehow every other metric expense is equaled to its revenue, also netting $0 out of $187,650,353?

Sounds fishy to me.

This is why I don't take some screenshot of a spreadsheet document some random bozo on the internet created on its face, and I am skeptical of it and how accurate it is. Like I said, it's like trusting a meme for information.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by 5$ on Wed Mar 29, 2023 1:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
5$
Five Star Recruit

Post by 5$ »

nogerO wrote:
That's why he's on ignore.
Yet you're still reading my messages in the replies and that gives me a smile :D
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

5$ wrote: This is why I don't take some screenshot of a spreadsheet document some random bozo on the internet created on its face, and I am skeptical of it and how accurate it is. Like I said, it's like trusting a meme for information.
Someone charts the Revenue that's been reported to the Feds and you call them a random bozo on the internet.

I get that you think these are all fake numbers pulled out of thin air. I see it as a discussion point relative to the various schools and conferences during this expansion/contraction period using Federally Reported Data. I'm not assuming that a 0 value in a chart is a sign of accounting malfeasance either but by all means, continue the conspiracy talk.
5$
Five Star Recruit

Post by 5$ »

Duck07 wrote:
5$ wrote: This is why I don't take some screenshot of a spreadsheet document some random bozo on the internet created on its face, and I am skeptical of it and how accurate it is. Like I said, it's like trusting a meme for information.
Someone charts the Revenue that's been reported to the Feds and you call them a random bozo on the internet.

I get that you think these are all fake numbers pulled out of thin air. I see it as a discussion point relative to the various schools and conferences during this expansion/contraction period using Federally Reported Data. I'm not assuming that a 0 value in a chart is a sign of accounting malfeasance either but by all means, continue the conspiracy talk.
:lol: ok bud
5$
Five Star Recruit

Post by 5$ »

Bozo on twitter with 1k followers creates spreadsheet depicting UO revenue for 2021-2022 is $121,162,341

Official financial document from actual UO website says revenue for 2021-2022 is $153,510,550

WhO sHoUlD i BeLiEvE??
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Again, if you want to dispute the Federally Reported Data you're welcome to do so, just as I imagine you'll continue to throw insults randomly as a means of bolstering your argument.

The numbers you posted are also the numbers that show up on the Federal website report with the exception being the Non-Program Specific Table. I'd be curious to see the link you took that from to compare them further.
5$
Five Star Recruit

Post by 5$ »

Duck07 wrote:Again, if you want to dispute the Federally Reported Data you're welcome to do so, just as I imagine you'll continue to throw insults randomly as a means of bolstering your argument.

The numbers you posted are also the numbers that show up on the Federal website report with the exception being the Non-Program Specific Table. I'd be curious to see the link you took that from to compare them further.
Literally none of the numbers match between the two schedules. Now it's your turn to prove your point, if you can.

Here's the link:
https://goducks.com/documents/2023/1/11 ... edures.pdf

I implore you to read the entire document, it's actually interesting.

My contention is I am relying on a document that was prepared by a top-15 CPA firm in the United States, the website you rely on to bolster some bozo on twitter could have had numbers plugged in by some lowly employee who has no clue about generally accepted accounting practices (GAAP), hence why I shall continue to refer to the twitter spreadsheet as meme-esque and unreliable.

Finally, I spent a number of years working in the legal-accounting department of a CPA firm as an accountant dealing with court-related issues, so this stuff is somewhat within my wheelhouse, and I'm not just some mean jerk on this message board. I apologize if you thought I was calling you names or hurling insults. Rather, I was insulting the bozo on twitter, I didn't mean for you to take that personally.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

5$ wrote:
Duck07 wrote:Again, if you want to dispute the Federally Reported Data you're welcome to do so, just as I imagine you'll continue to throw insults randomly as a means of bolstering your argument.

Literally none of the numbers match between the two schedules. Now it's your turn to prove your point, if you can.

Here's the link:
https://goducks.com/documents/2023/1/11 ... edures.pdf

I implore you to read the entire document, it's actually interesting.

My contention is I am relying on a document that was prepared by a top-15 CPA firm in the United States, the website you rely on to bolster some bozo on twitter could have had numbers plugged in by some lowly employee who has no clue about generally accepted accounting practices (GAAP), hence why I shall continue to refer to the twitter spreadsheet as meme-esque and unreliable.

Finally, I spent a number of years working in the legal-accounting department of a CPA firm as an accountant dealing with court-related issues, so this stuff is somewhat within my wheelhouse, and I'm not just some mean jerk on this message board. I apologize if you thought I was calling you names or hurling insults. Rather, I was insulting the bozo on twitter, I didn't mean for you to take that personally.
Literally, as I described, the numbers shown are accurate to the dollar minus the Non-Program Specific Table for the Listed Sports Revenues whether its the revenues reported by football, the mens teams vs the womens team, student-aid allotments, etc.

When you randomly insult people because you don't like what they've said it doesn't help your argument at all. In fact it makes it worse.

You're also alleging that the Data that was sent by Michael DeMartini, the Asst Athletic Director, to the US Dept of Education is invalid.

Meanwhile, the report you gave is specifically for the NCAA and it carries this important paragraph.
The University and the Department have agreed to and acknowledged that the procedures performed are appropriate to meet the intended purpose of evaluating the revenues and expenses of the Department of the University for the year ended June 30, 2022, in order to meet the requirements of NCAA Bylaw 3.2.4.17.1. This report may not be suitable for any other purpose. The procedures performed may not address all the items of interest to a user of this report and may not meet the needs of all users of this report and, as such, users are responsible for determining whether the procedures performed are appropriate for their purposes.
Perhaps the reason why we've found 2 different "final" numbers is because of the difference in reporting requirements to the NCAA vs the Feds. Everything in the Dept of Education table I can find on the other report minus the "Non-Program Specific" column matches dollar to dollar. It seems to me that something in the Contributions is what's caused the difference but its also clear that the Data sent to the Dept of Education are not fictional numbers in any way.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Sounds like a good off topic discussion or PM opportunity to me^

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
5$
Five Star Recruit

Post by 5$ »

UOducksTK1 wrote:Sounds like a good off topic discussion or PM opportunity to me^
Thanks for letting it play out, I have become more enlightened. This is the last thing I shall say.
chapelhillduck
Senior

Post by chapelhillduck »

It needs to be August already

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

If the Pac-12 really only had a crappy deal on the table then this would be the perfect day to announce it haha.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
TheDrake
Two Star Recruit

Post by TheDrake »

pezsez1 wrote:If the Pac-12 really only had a crappy deal on the table then this would be the perfect day to announce it haha.

Even better tomorrow!
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

At least spring practices are gonna start up soon and spring game is around the corner. May-July is mostly a dead period for Oregon sports.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13