DVR to Computer or CDR, burner

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

rsbgduck
Four Star Recruit

DVR to Computer or CDR, burner

Post by rsbgduck »

Ok I have about 8 FB games from 2011-2012 season that I would like to burn onto CD that I have saved on my DVR from Charter cable. I would prefer to do it through my laptop CDR but don't know if that is even posible, or what I may need to do it. The other option is to go buy a external CDR and hook that up to the DVD player, but again I don't know how all this works. I have tried to look up some sort of instructions on Youtube but haven't found anything that I feel comfortable going by. I was hoping some of the tech savy members here could help me out with either how to do this or what equipment I may need to purchase.

Thanks in advance for your time and help.

RSBGDUCK
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Re: DVR to Computer or CDR, burner

Post by UOducksTK1 »

move to kelly's heroes. It's offseason, you'll get more looks there.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
uodux1212
Senior

Post by uodux1212 »

I asked this same question a few seasons ago, no one was able to help... I'm still hoping to figure it out someday too, I've got a few games on dvr that I'd love to move to disk....

"How do we go from nine to one?" - Chip Kelly

“Our expectations are to win every game we play." - CK
briarduck
Senior

Post by briarduck »

I wasn't able to do it with my Comcast setup (the hookups are there but are disabled...bastards), so I went and braught a Pansonic HD VCR/DVD Recorder, and it works great, not true HD but it does upscale and no I never use the VCR side. lol

Good luck.
GO DUCKS!! WTD!
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Ask FishDuck... Charles seems to transfer everything, so maybe he has a suggestion.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

rsbgduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by rsbgduck »

Thanks TK, thought about putting it in here but didn't want Budlee to yell at me LOL. I will message Fishduck about it thanks. With all the tech out there you would think there would have to be a way, even if the greedy "bastards" at the satalite and cable networks don't want you to do it.
wheaton4prez
Senior

Post by wheaton4prez »

There's a lot of info about this around: http://forum.videohelp.com/threads/2366 ... -DVR-to-PC

Without reading all of the technical details, it sounds like your digitally recorded shows will be encrypted and thus impossible to take from the box directly. I don't think that media providers would allow cable companies to make it as easy as transferring a file via USB.

But, it sounds like there is a way to stream the broadcasts and record them as they are being shown.
fpsduck
Senior

Post by fpsduck »

briarduck wrote:I wasn't able to do it with my Comcast setup (the hookups are there but are disabled...bastards), so I went and braught a Pansonic HD VCR/DVD Recorder, and it works great, not true HD but it does upscale and no I never use the VCR side. lol

Good luck.

This is what I use as well(minus the VCR part). 8-)