Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

Re: Ex-Ducks NFL Status

Post by greenyellow »

buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Sounding like Brown might get the start tomorrow for the ravens.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

buckmarkduck wrote:Sounding like Brown might get the start tomorrow for the ravens.
That would mean 3 Ducks will have started a game at QB this season. Might be a record.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Brown will start. Hope he balls out and makes Mario ball look bad.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

buckmarkduck wrote:Brown will start. Hope he balls out and makes Mario ball look bad.
Mario's out telling QBs how he's got 2 former starting QBs starting in the league.

This would make 3 Oregon Ducks starting a game this season, pretty sure that's a first. It's also the most starting QBs in a season in league history iirc.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

Duck07 wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:Brown will start. Hope he balls out and makes Mario ball look bad.
Mario's out telling QBs how he's got 2 former starting QBs starting in the league.

This would make 3 Oregon Ducks starting a game this season, pretty sure that's a first. It's also the most starting QBs in a season in league history iirc.
Brown wasn't drafted, so it doesn't seem like Mario has any room to brag about anything to prospective recruits. He seems like a nice kid, but he was a mediocre quarterback in college (Mario's terrible scheme notwithstanding), and has no business starting in the NFL. Oregon fans do not typically boo their own team; they did it for a reason, whether one thinks they should have or not.

The idea that Anthony Brown could be starting an NFL game at the same time that Derek Carr is getting benched demonstrates how weird the NFL gets at the end of the season.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

Wow, that might be the worst half of football I have ever seen by a starting QB in the NFL. Ouch.
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

Phalanx wrote:Wow, that might be the worst half of football I have ever seen by a starting QB in the NFL. Ouch.
13 of 31
TheDrake
Two Star Recruit

Post by TheDrake »

Not a first as Harrington, Clemons and Feeley all started games in same year!
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

TheDrake wrote:Not a first as Harrington, Clemons and Feeley all started games in same year!
Good catch
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Phalanx wrote:Wow, that might be the worst half of football I have ever seen by a starting QB in the NFL. Ouch.

I’ve seen far worse.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

buckmarkduck wrote:

I’ve seen far worse.
I doubt it. Out of five possessions, AB threw two picks, turned it over on downs, and fumbled in his own endzone for a Bengals TD. The other one was a TD drive that got started with a bail-out 15-yard roughing call on 3rd and 13. He got better in the second half, but that first half was about as bad as possible. I think his passer rating was something like 25 at the end of the half, and that doesn't take into account the fumble/TD.
TheDrake
Two Star Recruit

Post by TheDrake »

Phalanx wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:

I’ve seen far worse.
I doubt it. Out of five possessions, AB threw two picks, turned it over on downs, and fumbled in his own endzone for a Bengals TD. The other one was a TD drive that got started with a bail-out 15-yard roughing call on 3rd and 13. He got better in the second half, but that first half was about as bad as possible. I think his passer rating was something like 25 at the end of the half, and that doesn't take into account the fumble/TD.

That fumble TD never should of happened.You don't try to score to end the half with a rookie starting at the five yd line with 50secs left. Just run the ball and work the clock down. They threw on 2nd and 3rd. That TD is on Harbarf totally inexscusable IMO.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Phalanx wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:

I’ve seen far worse.

There has been multiple QBs finish with a zero rating. So not worst.